HOW TO APPLY – Three Easy Steps
Application Window: Spring – January 2 to January 18, 2020
- CHOOSE YOUR PROGRAMS – Review descriptions of programs and schedule. Please read the program requirements carefully; any additional forms, applications, or priority enrollment will be given in the description.
- COMPLETE AN APPLICATION
Apply Online – Go to ASE Application during the enrollment period (January 2 through January 18, 2020) to complete the online application. Rank the programs in your student’s preference by 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, and so on. Select Not Interested for any program your student would not participate in. You may select up to nine (9) classes. Please note: The enrollment priority has changed for 2019-2020 and registration time and date will no longer have any bearing on chances for enrollment. Please see ASE Requirements/Policies.
*Optional step: Additional Forms Some programs have additional waivers, applications, and/or parent permission slips to be completed. This includes programs which have an audition or try-out before the final roster is established.
- WAIT FOR ACCEPTANCE EMAIL – Completing an application is not a guarantee of enrollment. Enrollment is based on a weighted ranking system and spots are limited. Students will receive an email with the list of programs they are enrolled in and any programs they are wait-listed for, no earlier than January 25th.
Registration Process for ASE
The goal of RooFriends is to give the most students access to programs that enrich students’ education. We also strive to give every instructor students who are excited about attending a class. To meet these two goals, we will be changing the ASE registration process from a first-come, first-served process to a combination of weighted ranking for 2019-2020.
- Parents need to register their students online during the Enrollment Period.
- No registrations will be accepted via paper or outside of the stated time period.
- One registration per students will be accepted. If a student applies more than once, the last application submitted will be the one considered. Registration requests will not be combined or edited.
- No registration requests submitted outside of the enrollment form will be considered, aside from withdrawing a student for consideration. Do not email to say you made an error; submit a new application. Only email to remove a student from consideration.
- No requests for co-placement with siblings or friends will be considered.
- ASE is not a child care program. Discussions of the family schedule, carpool, or child care needs are inappropriate and will have no bearing on ASE enrollment. Please contact PrimeTime for child care needs.
- Families will rank their students’ choices across all ASE offerings.
- If the student only wants one class, select only a 1stchoice class and mark the rest as “Not Interested.”
- Mark all classes your student does not want as “Not Interested.”
- Selecting two classes at the same choice level will negate both choices and students will not be considered for enrollment in either. For example, if you pick two classes as a 1st Choice, we cannot know which one your student wanted more, nor is it fair to give them an extra chance for 1st Choice enrollment. Those classes will be deleted completely from their application. Please be sure you are ranking your choices in order.
- Students may apply for up to nine (9) classes.
- Some classes require separate processes, applications, and priorities for enrollment. Read the program descriptions carefully.
- Classes which accept everyone (such as GSA and the Cesar Chavez Service Club) will be called out separately and not subject to the ranking process.
Once enrollment closes:
- Sign-up date and time will have no bearing on enrollment priority.
- If more students apply for a class as their first choice than there are seats, the class list will be randomly selected by lottery from the students selecting that class as their first choice, barring any priorities for enrollment stated in the class description.
- Students who only pick only one class will not be given priority over students selecting multiple classes.
- Individual classes may have different enrollment priorities set by the instructor, such as priority given to previous students, specific grade levels, applications or entry forms, even grade level distribution across the class, or students who have never taken the class before. Priorities will be listed in the class descriptions. It is the families’ responsibility to understand enrollment priorities.
- If after placing all 1st (first) choice students in a class, there are still spaces available, they will be filled from students who selected the class as their 2nd (second) choice, with priority given to those students who did not get their 1st (first )choice class.
- After placing all 2nd (second) choice students, then the 3rd (third) choice students will be placed, with priority to those students who did not get their first or second choice, and so on up to the 9th (ninth) choice.
- For students who apply for a limited-seats class and an unlimited-seats class at the same time period, we will attempt to place students first in the limited-seats class before placing them in the unlimited-seats class. Selecting an unlimited-seats class will not have any bearing on a student’s chances to enroll in a limited-seats class at the same time period.
- Classes which do not meet minimum enrollment numbers will be cancelled.
Click for more info regarding the ASE REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES
RooFriends After School Programs Coordinator
Jordan Sobel, Vice Principal
Dr. Margaret Joseph, Interim Principal