Volunteer Your Time and Talents!
We host several fundraising events and additional activities throughout the year and are always in need of volunteers, including parents and neighbors. We would be grateful for your help in any capacity!
- August-September 2021
- October 2021
Trick or Trot
- December 2021
December Nights Parking Fundraiser(TBD: All Parking Fundraisers)
- Outreach Booth at Annual SoNo Fest & Chili Cook-Off Dec. 5
- Scholastic Book Fair (Winter) Dec. 6-9
- RMS Gear Organization
Winter Break Parking Fundraiser
- February 2022
President’s Day Weekend Parking Fundraiser
- April – May 2022
- June 2022
- July 2022
- Parking Fundraiser July 2
Here’s How You Can Help:
The RooFriends appreciate your participation to ensure we can make this a great year for the RMS Staff and Students. Please email email@example.com if you are interested. Thank You!!
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Team: RooFriends have offered a fairly extensive ASE program in the past, but this year is still in the planning. We need an ASE Team to organize enrichment classes to supplement the electives offered by the RMS Staff. If you feel passionate about offering enrichment opportunities to students, please contact us as soon as possible.
- 8th Grade Promotion: RooFriends is looking for volunteers to brainstorm, organize and coordinate the Class of 2022 promotion celebration with school administration.
- Communications Committee Member: Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail. We like to have at least one representative from each grade level to address grade specific communications.
- Enrollment Task Force: SDUSD has been seeing reduced enrollment throughout the district in the past year. Roosevelt has also seen a decreased enrollment. There are many reasons identified. With decreased enrollment comes decreased funding and decreased staffing. If you are passionate about maintaining and increasing resources for RMS Students, please consider joining our marketing team. We’d love to hear your ideas!
- Writer for Outreach Materials: We need a writer that produce content for outreach material, including publications in local media outlets.
- Strategic and tactical advice, planning and implementation: If you have experience serving in a management role with a non profit (especially in education) we could use your experience in growing the foundation.
- Event Planning: If you have some creative ideas for community building events, we’d love to hear them! This role will coordinate planning details and lead a group of volunteers (for larger events). The event planner will be supported by the Communications Team in promoting the event.
- 6th Grade Camp: Made possible by 6th Grade Families. Indicate your availability in the 6th Grade Camp Interest Form (Spring Break 2022) and contact the 6th Grade Camp Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will follow all SDUSD policies related to physical distancing for safety purposes. Volunteer opportunities listed above can be done from home and do not neccesarily require in-person meetings.
Contact Us if you’re interested in any of the above positions.