Volunteer Your Time and Talents!
We host several fundraising events and additional activities throughout the year and are always in need of volunteers, including parents and neighbors. We would be grateful for your help in any capacity!
Chaperones for Field Trips
- Submit ONLINE SDUSD Volunteer Chaperone Application Form. Login with SDUSD Student or Staff ID.
- Contact School Administrative Assistant Sandy Hernandez (email@example.com) and Nurse Keesee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with the chaperone application process. Nurse Keesee is on campus on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- On Campus Supervision
- Student Safety: AfterSchool Pick-Up Traffic Directors (Zoo Drive Gravel Lot) Jan 3 – June 14, 2023.
- 6th Grade Bungalows Renovation with Ms. Jones & Home Depot (TBA: Postponed)
August – September 2022
Trick or TrotTBD 2023
- December Nights Parking Fundraiser Dec. 2-3
- RooFriends Outreach Booth at Annual SoNo Fest & Chili Cook-Off Dec 4.
- Scholastic Book Fair (Winter) Dec 5-8.
- 7th Grade: San Diego Zoo. Dec 7.
- Band & Orchestra: San Diego Symphony Open Rehearsal at The Rady Shell. Dec 7.
- Student Safety: Drop-Off & Pick-Up Traffic Directors (Zoo Drive Lot) Starts Jan 3, 2023.
- ASB Winter Chill Out Chaperones / Volunteers Jan 27.
- Presidents Holiday Weekend Parking Fundraiser Feb 18-19.
- 6th Grade Music Chaperones: SDUSD VAPA iPad Ensemble Concert MMHS Feb 22.
- 8th Grade San Diego Zoo Chaperones March 8.
- Cherry Blossom Festival Parking Fundraiser March 11-12.
- Parking Fundraisers April 8, 15, 29.
- IB Fest May 4
- Parking Fundraisers May 6
- Memorial Weekend Parking Fundraiser May 27
- Textbook Return June 5, 6, 7
- 8th Grade Dance June 9
- 8th Grade Field DayJune 13
- Parking Fundraisers June 10, 17, 24
Join a Committee:
The RooFriends appreciate your participation to ensure we can make this a great year for the RMS Staff and Students. Please email email@example.com if you are interested. Thank You!!
- 6th Grade Camp: Committee coordinates the annual Spring Break trip to Cuyamaca Outdoor School. Includes securing date, setting up info sessions with parents, collecting payments (online & cash) and sending payments to Cuyamaca Outdoor School. Includes arranging for bus transportation to and from school. We have existing templates and will train. Contact RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.
- 8th Grade Promotion: RooFriends is looking for volunteers to brainstorm, organize and coordinate the 8th Grade Promotion celebration events with the school administration. Contact the 8th Grade Rep on the RooFriends Communications Team (RooFriendsCommunications@gmail.com) and/or Principal Steinberger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Team: RooFriends offers a fairly extensive ASE program. We need an ASE Team to organize enrichment classes to supplement the electives offered by the RMS Staff. If you feel passionate about offering enrichment opportunities to students, please contact us as soon as possible. Contact the ASE Coordinators via ClubsRoosevelt@gmail.com.
- Communications Committee Member: Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail. We like to have at least one representative from each grade level to address grade specific communications. Contact the RooFriends Communications Team via RooFriendsCommunications@gmail.com.
- Enrollment Task Force: SDUSD has been seeing reduced enrollment throughout the district in the past year. Roosevelt has also seen a decreased enrollment. There are many reasons identified. With decreased enrollment comes decreased funding and decreased staffing. If you are passionate about maintaining and increasing resources for RMS Students, please consider joining our marketing team. We’d love to hear your ideas!
- Event Planning: If you have some creative ideas for community building events, we’d love to hear them! This role will coordinate planning details and lead a group of volunteers (for larger events). The event planner will be supported by the Communications Team in promoting the event.
- Foundation Member: If you have experience serving in public schools (volunteer or staff member) or with other non-profit organizations, we could use your experience in growing the foundation. Apply Here.
- Parking Fundraiser Committee: In pre-COVID years, parking cars on popular dates for Balboa Park, we’ve been able to raise up to $75k annually. This has enabled us to fund gaps for the school and provide After School Enrichment at no cost to families. We’ve recently restarted this program, but need a committee to oversee recruiting volunteers and managing funds (income and expenses) to make this as profitable as possible for our school. Training provided.
Note: We will follow all SDUSD policies related to physical distancing for safety purposes. Most volunteer opportunities listed above can be done from home and do not necessarily require in-person meetings.
Contact Us if you’re interested in any of the above positions.