Volunteer Your Time and Talents!
We host several fundraising events and additional activities throughout the year and are always in need of volunteers, including parents and neighbors. We would be grateful for your help in any capacity!
Here’s how you can help:
Volunteering may look a little different this year, but we still need your participation to ensure we can make this a great year for our staff and students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Communications Committee Member: Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail.
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Coordinator: Although, we’ve offered a fairly extensive program in the past, this year will be much more scaled back due to distance learning plans. However, we still need a coordinator to organize a few online enrichment classes to supplement the electives offered by the school. If you feel passionate about offering enrichment opportunities to our students, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Enrollment Task Force: SDUSD has been seeing reduced enrollment throughout the district. Roosevelt has also seen a decreased enrollment this year. There are many reasons identified, however, with decreased enrollment comes decreased funding and decreased staffing. If you are passionate about maintaining and increasing resources to our school, please consider joining us! This is the marketing team and we’d love to hear your ideas.
- Writer for Outreach Materials: We need a writer that produce content for outreach material, including publications in local media outlets.
- Strategic and tactical advice, planning and implementation: If you have experience serving in a management role with a non profit (especially in education) we could use your experience in growing the foundation.
- Event Planning: Most events will be remote this year, so if you have some creative ideas for community building events, we’d love to hear them! This role will coordinate planning details and lead a group of volunteers (for larger events). The event planner will be supported by the Communications Team in promoting the event.
Note: We will follow all district policies related to physical distancing for safety purposes. Volunteer jobs listed above can be done from home and do not require in person meetings.
Contact Us if you’re interested in any of the above positions.