RooFriends has two missions which your contributions help support:
Support student after-school programs and teacher appreciation. For more information link to After School Club Program Descriptions. The more funds we raise, the more programs we can offer at Roosevelt. Costs are fluid.
Total support budgeted for 2019-20: $44,000
- Art Studio: Cost $800
- Classic Movie Reviews: $1,600
- Garden Club: Cost $7,800
- Girls in Science, in partnership with the SD Zoo: Cost $2,000
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance: Cost $600
- Hip Hop: Cost $3,600
- Improv: Cost $1,800
- Junior Model UN: Cost $2,110
- MESA Club: Cost $2,067
- No Place for Hate: $1,100
- Strategic Games Club: Cost $1,032
- Strings: Cost $1,500
- Upcycling: Cost $1,626
- Other: Teacher appreciation and Student Support: $16,500
Support enrichment programs for the school’s IB program. For More information link to IB Enrichment Programs.
Total support Budgeted for 2019-20: $93,500.
- Annual license to use the IB sponsorship and brand: Cost $10,000
- IB Evaluation Fees: Cost $6,500
- IB Training for new Roosevelt Staff: Cost $10,000
- Zoo Expeditionary Learning Program (ZELP): Cost $14,500.
- Peace One Day: Cost $5,000
- Teacher Mini Grants: ACost $5,000
- Visual and Performing Arts Integration: Cost $6,000
- Band & Music: Cost $5,000
- Garden Program: Cost $9,000
- Library Tech: Cost $22,500