RooFriends Grant Program
The Friends of Roosevelt Foundation (aka RooFriends) Board has been able to allocate limited amount of funds for staff grants each year. Funds available may vary year to year, depending upon how it works and future fundraising.
What is the RooFriends Grant Program?
- The RooFriends Grant Program is based on the expectation that many successful programs begin in the classroom. Most teachers, at one time or another, have wished for financial assistance to supplement or enrich their instructional program.
- Grants may provide “seed money” for innovative instructional projects at the school. They may provide the opportunity for teachers to obtain funding for projects in which they have a special interest.
Grant Evaluation Criteria:
Please provide adequate detail so that the Board can easily evaluate and understand your needs. We encourage/appreciate additional documentation that can support your application. (These can be uploaded as attachments in the application.) Please consider the following criteria in preparing your application:
- Grants should support the objectives of the IB program
- Teacher teams: e.g., grade/subject/Department wide, are encouraged
- Requests can range from $100 to $500 and possibly more if it is a team project
- Grants may be for supplies, equipment, event tickets or fees, speakers, bus, etc.
- Innovation: Is your proposal a new or creative solution to a common problem?
- Please first explore alternative sources (e.g., DonorsChoose, Adopt a Classroom)for funding your project, if it meets the criteria for those sources. We’ll ask you to to describe those efforts in your application.
If you have questions or suggestions about the grant process, contact the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about application content, please contact Deb Christensen.
- Complete the online application. (Click below.) Complete Budget Breakdown Worksheet, if necessary, and upload into online application.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by the RooFriends board and voted upon. Applicants will be notified whether or not their project has been accepted for funding.
What Happens if My Project is Funded?
Applicants will be notified via email.
Recipients are to implement the project as proposed and provide receipts.