A Message from Principal Steinberger
Greetings, Roosevelt Families!!
Last Friday, it was a pleasure to see many students dress up in school-appropriate costumes as part of Red Ribbon Spirit Week. The ASB Fall Festival was a highlight as well. Our students did a great job supporting Red Ribbon Week, the goal of which is to help students achieve happy, healthy, drug-free lives.
Students may wear their costumes again for Halloween if they would like to, as long as they remain school appropriate.
ASB Weekly Announcements
- Weekly Student Life Announcements
- Roosevelt Canned Food Drive: ASB is looking for volunteers to deliver canned goods to the San Diego Food Bank from November 14-18. Please contact ASB Advisor Mrs. Leach: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6th Grade Camp registration and first deposit are DUE THIS TUESDAY, Nov 1!!
Flu Clinic This Wednesday, November 2, 3:00-5:30 PM
- Thanks to Nurse Keesee for setting up a flu shot clinic for our community!
- Flu shots will be available for free from 3-5:30 PM outside of the RMS Library. Please enter campus from our Upas St. gate next to the main office.
- Be a Flu Fighter THIS WEDNESDAY!
Middle School Sports Updates
- Congrats to our Track & Field Team who competed in the SDUSD Middle School Athletics Track & Field Championship Prelims on Saturday!!
- Take a look at our athletes in action; follow me on Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS
- Congratulations to our Basketball Team (Boys) who finished their season with two big wins in their final two games to finish 5-5.
- Registration for winter sports (soccer and volleyball) is coming soon!!
- Our next SGT meeting will be November 17.
- Our next SSC meeting will be December 1st. If you are interested in joining SSC, we need one more parent. Please contact Principal Steinberger: email@example.com.
- I am canceling the Principal Town Hall scheduled for this Friday.
- I am working with our city and police department to schedule an open forum and will send more information home when I have that in place.
RMS Music Updates
Thanks to RMS Music Boosters’ partnership with La Jolla Music Society and SDUSD Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA), students enjoyed off campus and on campus music performances these past 2 weeks: a classical saxophone and piano performance in La Jolla, and a jazz concert in our own auditorium … with our newly-donated grand piano!
- Follow our music program along with Mr. E.K. on Instagram: @rimsmusicprogram.
- Chaperones Needed for 1st Semester 6th Grade Music Field Trip to the World Beat Cultural Center in Balboa Park: November 9.
Core Academy Saturday School
ALL STUDENTS are invited. Students can clear up to 8 tardies and/or one unexcused absence. This is important for all students at all grades to be eligible for various activities and will be especially important for 8th graders to participate in our Promotion Ceremony. Parents, please sign-up. The link is also always available on our Roosevelt Website main page. Our tentative upcoming dates are 11/ 5, 12/3, 12/10, 1/14, 1/28, 2/11, 2/25, 3/11, 3/18, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3.
The In-N-Out Cover to Cover Reading Program is Back!
Children will receive an award of ONE FREE hamburger/cheeseburger for every five books read, up to three awards! Register online for the Cover to Cover Club or go to your local branch library to sign up. Please note: If you participated in a reading program with the Library in the last 3 years, you may already have an account with our book logging site, Beanstack.
- Who: Children ages 4 – 12. For individuals only, group participation is not available.
- When: October 1 – November 12.
- Where: ALL 36 San Diego Public Library locations.
- How: Read and log 5 books online here or on a paper log available at any 36 San Diego Public Library locations. Once completed, visit the library to receive your certificate for a free hamburger/cheeseburger. Children MUST be present to receive their certificate – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.