UPDATED July 28, 2021.
- We are planning for 6th Grade Camp 2022: March 28 – April 1, 2022 (Spring Break 2022).
- The first 6th Grade Camp 2022 planning meeting will be scheduled for September 2021 via Zoom. Details to follow.
- Questions? Please contact the 6th Grade Camp Committee: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.
- If your family is interested in 6th Grade Camp 2022, please submit the Interest Form:
For over 60 years, San Diego 6th Grade Students have enjoyed the great experiences offered by the Outdoor Education 6th Grade Camp program. Friends of Roosevelt Foundation organizes the effort to send RMS 6th Graders to Cuyamaca Outdoor School Sixth Grade Camp during Spring Break to spend a week learning all about science in a hands-on, experiential way with their friends.
Camp Information (2020-2021)
- Camp Location: Cuyamaca Outdoor School.
- Cost: $375/student (scholarships and payment plans available).
- How Parents can help: Let us know if you can make it, turn in funds in a timely manner, volunteer at fundraising events, volunteer to chaperone. Join the 6th Grade Camp Committee!
- Scholarships and payment plans available.
- Email the 6th Grade Camp Committee: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com
Camp Planning Meetings
- Camp Cuyamaca presentation, sign-ups and forming the 6th Grade Camp Committee.
- Submit payments and forms.
A Camp Cuyamaca counselor will attending meeting(s) to provide camp information and answer questions.
Meeting(s) will also include forming the 6th Grade Camp Committee and determining if there are enough volunteers in attendance to make the camp possible. Previous camp organizers have kindly offered to answer questions and help participants start the planning process.
The cost for the 2021 was $375. Scholarships and payment plans available. The price includes camp, all meals, transportation, and insurance. We are counting on fundraising opportunities to reduce the cost for everyone. If you have fundraising ideas you’d like to share, or are interested in helping organize this year’s 6th Grade Camp as a Committee Member or a volunteer, please attend a meeting and contact the 6th Grade Camp Committee: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.
Please remember that the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation’s 6th Grade Camp trip is a Foundation-sponsored event and is NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please direct your camp questions to RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.