For over 60 years, San Diego 6th grade students have enjoyed the great experiences offered by the Outdoor Education 6th Grade Camp program. The days of district funding for 6th Grade Camp may be over, but Roosevelt students still have the chance for this engaging experience. Friends of Roosevelt Foundation is offering our kids the opportunity to spend their Spring Break (March 25-29, 2019) at the Cuyamaca Outdoor School Sixth Grade Camp, where they spend a week with their friends, learning all about science in a hands-on, experiential way.
- Camp Location: Cuyamaca Outdoor School
- Dates: March 25-29, 2019 (Monday morning to Friday afternoon)
- Cost: $360/student (scholarships and payment plans available)
- How parents can help: Let us know if you can make it, turn in funds in a timely manner, volunteer at fundraising events, volunteer to chaperone.
To secure your 6th grader’s space, a $50 deposit is due by November 5th, 2018 or in person at one of the 6th Grade Camp meetings. Scholarships and payment plans available.
- September 8, 2018: Camp Cuyamaca Open House. Click HERE for details.
- September 20, 2018, 6:00 PM: Volunteer/fundraising meeting in the Roosevelt Library.
- October 1, 2018, 6:00 PM: First sign up meeting in the Roosevelt Library.
- October 30, 2018, 6:00 PM: Camp Cuyamaca presentation and sign up session in the Roosevelt Library.
Friends of Roosevelt Foundation is hosting the first planning/information meeting on September 20th, 2018 in the Roosevelt library. The goal is to form a camp committee and to determine if there are enough volunteers in attendance to make camp possible for this year’s 6th graders.
On October 30th, 2018, a counselor from Cuyamaca’s sixth grade camp will be attending the meeting. They will provide camp information and answer questions. Last year’s organizer, Thomas O’Malley, has also kindly offered to attend the meeting to answer questions and help participants start the planning process.
The cost for this year’s trip is $360 (scholarships and payment plans will be available.) The price includes camp, all meals, transportation, and insurance. We are counting on fundraising opportunities to reduce the cost for everyone. If you have fundraising ideas you’d like to share, or are interested in helping organize this year’s 6th Grade Camp as a Committee Member or a volunteer, please attend this very important meeting.
We hope your student is excited about the experiences that await at Sixth Grade Camp!
Please remember that the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation’s 6th Grade Camp trip is a Foundation sponsored event and is NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please direct any questions to Cynthia Giammarinaro.