Promotion Info, Community Projects, SDHS Tours … and more!!
We need volunteers for a variety of 8th Grade committees and events to end middle school on a high note. Please help us make it a fabulous finish for our 8th Graders!
Here’s the recording of our 8th Grade Parent Meeting (March 20, 2023). Passcode: Gvm88Tv?
For the slideshow presentation, click graphic.
- 2.0 Academic AND Citizenship Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Completed Community Project Presentation and Reflection.
- No suspensions (students are invited to participate in the suspension appeals process).
- No truancies (will show a “Z” in attendance).
- No more than 7 tardies (can make up via CORE ACADEMY).
- Sign-up for April 22 Core Academy and attend the RooFriends Music Boosters & AmateurPianists.org Community Concert featuring performances by RMS Orchestra, SDHS and McKinley Elementary music students and local pianists.
- No outstanding library materials, music instruments, etc. Students may keep Chromebooks if they are continuing in SDUSD.
PROMOTION will be held at : The Observatory Theatre in North Park
- 9am on Monday June 12.
- Each 8th Grade Student may have up to 4 Guests.
Community Project Presentations April 28th
*Friday, April 28th: Students will present their Google Slides to small groups in the Library during their PHE class (Period 0 students will present during Period 4).
*We are looking for community partners and volunteers who would like to be panel members for these presentations on April 28. Interested? Sign Up or email Ms. LaVellellavelle@sandi.net
To make all this happen, we need YOU! Please consider helping as committee member or volunteer for a variety of 8th grade milestones:
- Community Project Presentations Panel Member (Fri, April 28)
- Dance (Fri, June 9)
- Promotion (Mon, June12)
- Post Promotion Celebration @ North Park Mini Park (Mon, June 12)
- Field Day in Balboa Park or Morley Field (Tues, June 13)
To team-up with 8th Grade Families on Promotion events, please email email@example.com.
San Diego High School Tours/ Caver-For-A-Day
All Students and Family welcome to San Diego High School’s Spring Showcase, Wednesday, March 22nd, 5PM to 7PM!
San Diego High School will ALSO be hosting our entire 8th grade for “Caver For A Day” on new date due to anticipated rain, Wednesday, April 5th! All 8th grade students are welcome to attend during school hours. Any students who choose to stay behind OR did not return a permission slip will be with a teacher or two who stay behind. See PDF info attached about anticipated schedule of events here.
If you would like to join your student on the tour- please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Connect with San Diego HS Families via their FB Group: SDHS Families.