Greetings, Roosevelt Families.
It was great to see our RMS Boys Soccer Team compete in the SDUSD MS Athletics Boys Soccer championship game on Saturday. I am proud of their effort and sportsmanship. Congratulations on a wonderful season! We will display the Runner-Up plaque in our trophy case in the school office.
Important Announcement from our PHE Coaches:
Please remind your children to make sure to lock their backpacks and valuables in the locker room. In both locker rooms thefts have occurred recently. Students should not leave their belongings unlocked and avoid the risk. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to your child’s PHE teacher.
RMS Calendar Updates
- March 20: 8th Grade Families Zoom Meeting at 5:30 PM.
- March 24: Minimum Day, last day before Spring Break.
- March 27 – March 31: Spring Break.
- March 30th and 31st: Bungalow Renovation Project.
- April 5: New Date! SDHS Field Trip “Caver for a Day.”
- April 17: San Diego Cluster Community Meeting at Roosevelt MS at 5:30 PM.
- May 4: Roosevelt IB Fest. Details to follow!
Bungalow Renovation Project
Courtesy of Ms. Jones, Roosevelt IB MS is the recipient of a grant from Home Depot to create a beautiful and welcoming physical environment for our students in the Bungalow Area of our campus.
Please join us over Spring Break on March 30 and 31 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (for one or more 2-hour shifts) to work side-by-side with Home Depot volunteers on improvements in the Bungalow Area. Please complete the volunteer sign-up Google Form to indicate which date(s) and time(s) you would like to participate.
PRIDE Awards February: Caring
Students were honored with a card from their teacher and sweet treat from ASB:
- Grade 6– Malcolm Cassidy, Alexander Castillo, Skylar Dorsey, Pina Estes, Hendrix McFadden, Scarlett Puertos Pintor, Greyson Bell Schumacher, Grace Siner, Nicole Vizcarra.
- Grade 7– Julian Charfreau, Alexa De Labra Serrano, Janeyris Pena Henriquez, Cole Marino, Saydie Reyes, Gigi Roy, Mariana Tepo, Piper Vance.
- Grade 8– Izzy Arbogast, Violet Crosby, Germaine Dusenge, Leonie Flores, Sydney Freund, Jaylen Herrera Espinoza, Miles Hess, Laila Lopez, Andrea Montoya, Divine Nahabwa, Melanie Ortega, Jacob Nitzel, Ana Villela.
- Flag Football tryouts are this week for students who signed-up: Monday and Wednesday from 3:34 to 5:04 PM.
- Students will meet by the lunch tables prior to heading to the field.
- Interested in learning and playing golf? Mr. Amberg and Mr. Gibson are organizing a Roosevelt Golf Team!
8th Grade Families Zoom Meeting
- March 20 (this Monday) at 5:30 PM.
- Please join Principal Steinberger and RMS Counselors to learn about our 8th Grade Promotion and 8th Grade Activity plans for the end of the school year: Zoom Link
- There will be many ways to volunteer and support, thank you in advance for your help! Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE!! 8th Grade Field Trip to SDHS: “Caver for a Day” Tour.
- Field trip was changed from March 22nd to April 5th, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Volunteers welcome! You are welcome to walk with our students or meet them at San Diego High School.
- Please let me or Ms. LaVelle know if you have any questions!
Important Survey Reminder: Complete By March 24.
- The deadline has been extended to this Friday! Please complete this California School Parent Survey for Roosevelt to learn more about your opinions and perceptions about our school. Raffle: I will be drawing a name at the 8th Grade Families Zoom Meeting on Monday, March 20, 5:30 PM.
RMS Community Support!
- Check out the different ways you can support our students at Roosevelt.
- Please SignUp for Student Safety. We still need after school pick-up zone supervisors to continue providing safe pick-up for our students!
- Contribute to RMS project: Ms. Vinnard (Science). Thank you to all who completed Mrs. Hassan’s Manga for the RMS Library project; it’s fully-funded!!
- Reading and Math Tutoring for English learners: Ms. McVicar requests volunteers to work one-on-one with English learners in her ELD classes. Volunteer tutors would provide extra support with reading and basic math for these students. Available days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during periods 5 and 6 (1:15-3:15 PM). Training will be provided for anyone interested in helping, whether regularly or sporadically.
- All help is welcome and will be very much appreciated! With questions or to volunteer, please email Ms. McVicar: email@example.com.
Roosevelt MS Theatre Company (RTC) Update
- The Spring 2023 RTC show will be “The Addams Family!” Show Dates: May 12 & 13.
- The Cast is set and in rehearsals.
- Stage Crew Application is now open! Application has been extended to Friday, March 24, 11:59 PM. See the RTC Cast & Crew page (RooFriends.org) for the form and essay instructions.
RMS Yearbook 2022-2023
ASB Weekly Announcements
- Check out the 8th Grade Community Projects in the weekly Student Life Announcements Slideshow.
Roosevelt Summer Programs
- LevelUp Extended Learning Summer Camps Enrollment
- Monday, March 20 from 5:30 to 6:30 PM or Thursday, March 23 from 10 – 11 AM: Zoom meetings to learn about enrollment in Level Up Enrichment programs. Zoom Link for both times here or Zoom ID: 813 7837 4938
- Academic program: June 20 – July 21, 8am to 1pm.
- Enrollment Window OPEN for Summer 2023 Programs.
- All Roosevelt students attending our Summer Academic Program may apply for Summer PrimeTime.
PrimeTime Spots Are Available Before and After School
- Please email Roosevelt@arc-experience.com if you are interested in signing-up.
Core Academy Saturday School | Attendance Reporting
- The Core Academy dates for 2023 are: 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3. All students are invited to attend. Please sign-up.
- Please report absences using this link or email Ms. Vallejo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Core Academy sign-up is always available on our Roosevelt Website main page and the FriendsOfRoosevelt.org sidebar.
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.
RMS Important Dates Calendar | Sync with the RooFriends.org Google Calendar