Volunteer Your Time and Talents!
We host several fundraising events and additional activities throughout the year and are always in need of volunteers, including parents and neighbors. We would be grateful for your help in any capacity! Contact us to discuss options.
- August-September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- May 2019
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Scholastic Book Fair
- June 2019
- Various dates throughout the year.
Open committee positions
Strategic and tactical advice, planning and implementation
If you have or are now serving in a management role with a non profit (especially in education) we could use your experience in growing the foundation.
- Assist with event planning and management
- Lend your, writing, web guru and/or social media experience
- Perform administrative tasks including data entry & clerical support
Communications Committee Member
- Edit content on roofriends.org
- Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone to-date
- Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you.
- The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail.
Marketing, Public Relations, Publicist
- Help us develop and implement a strategy for marketing the “Roosevelt Brand”
- Write articles about the school for submission to local media
- Photography of school events, students, facilities, activities for use by the Roosevelt “family” to promote the school
Assist in planning, preparation, promotion, and execution of events and programs:
- Assist with promotion of events
- Assist in recruiting event volunteers
- Assist in soliciting donations from businesses and individuals as needed
- Help prepare mailings of invitations and other event-related materials
- Assist in set-up and take-down of events
- Assist with registration and check-in of guests when required
- Assist in addressing guest requests and special needs