UPDATED February 11, 2021
- 6th/7th Grade Camp has been cancelled for 2020-2021.
- Please stay tuned for an update on 6th Grade Camp for Spring Break 2022.
- 7th Grade Families: If you still have not requested a refund, please email: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.
For over 60 years, San Diego 6th grade students have enjoyed the great experiences offered by the Outdoor Education 6th Grade Camp program. The days of district funding for 6th Grade Camp may be over, but Roosevelt Students still have the chance for this engaging experience. Friends of Roosevelt Foundation offers our kids the opportunity to spend their Spring Break at the Cuyamaca Outdoor School Sixth Grade Camp, where they spend a week with their friends, learning all about science in a hands-on, experiential way.
- Camp Location: Cuyamaca Outdoor School.
- Cost: $375/student (scholarships and payment plans available).
- How Parents can help: Let us know if you can make it, turn in funds in a timely manner, volunteer at fundraising events, volunteer to chaperone. Join the 6th Grade Camp Committee!
- Scholarships and payment plans available.
- Email the 6th Grade Camp Committee: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com
- Camp Cuyamaca presentation, sign-ups and forming the 6th Grade Camp Committee.
- Submit payments and forms.
- Roosevelt IB MS Library.
A counselor from Cuyamaca’s sixth grade camp will attending meeting(s) to provide camp information and answer questions. Meeting(s) will also include forming the camp committee and determining if there are enough volunteers in attendance to make camp possible. Previous camp organizers have kindly offered to answer questions and help participants start the planning process.
The cost for 2021 camp is $375; scholarships and payment plans available. The price includes camp, all meals, transportation, and insurance. We are counting on fundraising opportunities to reduce the cost for everyone. If you have fundraising ideas you’d like to share, or are interested in helping organize this year’s 6th Grade Camp as a Committee Member or a volunteer, please attend a meeting and contact the 6th Grade Camp Committee: RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.
Please remember that the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation’s 6th Grade Camp trip is a Foundation-sponsored event and is NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please direct your camp questions to RMS6thGradeCamp@gmail.com.