Due to COVID-19, all on campus activities have been suspended, including After School Enrichment programs. We are currently exploring opportunities for online engagement.
Please STAY TUNED!!
ROOSEVELT INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL’S AFTER-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES:
Roosevelt International Middle School and The Friends of Roosevelt Foundation are pleased to present the 2019-2020 After-School Enrichment activities. We hope our students will enjoy the great programs we have to offer!
These programs are free to all Roosevelt students. Funding for these programs is generously provided by donations from Roosevelt families, community sponsors, and through the fundraising efforts of The Friends of Roosevelt Foundation.
2019-20 PROGRAM DATES
- Fall ASE: September 17, 2019 – December 20, 2019
- Spring ASE: February 3, 2020 – May 8, 2020
Excludes holidays and modified schedule days. See ASE Schedule page for detailed calendar. There will be no ASE during parent teacher conference weeks (October 22-24 and February 25-27), Thanksgiving break (November 25-29), or Spring break (March 30-April 3).
Students are expected to commit to regular attendance and to follow school rules for student conduct. Students who do not attend regularly, who drop out of a program without a valid excuse, or who do not comply with standard school expectations will not be allowed to re-enroll in additional programs. Classes which do not meet minimum enrollment requirements will be cancelled.
Students not regularly enrolled in the PrimeTime program must promptly leave campus at the conclusion of their after-school program. Loitering on campus will not be allowed. Chronic loitering may result in disenrollment from an after-school program.
- Full-year programs run over the course of the entire school year. Students who enroll in fall will continue in the class in spring without re-enrolling. Sometimes these classes open for wait list spaces in the Spring due to attrition, but that is not guaranteed. For Spring 2020, the following full-year classes are accepting students in spring: Classic Movie Reviews, Garden Monday, Garden Thursday, GSA, Girls in Science, MESA, Strategic Games.
- Fall session or spring session programs are offered for either the fall or spring session. Even if the class is offered again in the spring, fall session students will need to re-enroll. For Spring 2020, these classes include Art Studio and Hip Hop Dance.
- Year-round offerings that are not open for enrollment for the spring are Beginning Band, Beginning Strings, the Cesar Chavez Service Club, and JMUN.
RooFriends After School Programs Coordinator
Jordan Sobel, Vice Principal
Dr. Margaret Joseph, Interim Principal