THIS SATURDAY, 4.22, 8 AM – 12 PM: San Diego HS Caver Fair Day.
From San Diego HS: Hello, Class of 2027 Cavers!
San Diego High School will be hosting Caver Fair, an enrollment event for incoming students. Please join us on Saturday, April 22, from 8:00am to 12:00pm, in the SDHS Library. Enrollment forms, residency verification, and course selection will all be available on Saturday. We hope to see you there! For more information: San Diego HS Counselors.
Due Monday, April 24: SeaWorld Field Trip (May 1)
- For promotion eligible 8th Graders! Permission slips were passed out on 4/17 and due back to Coach Courneya on MONDAY, 4/24.
- Students need to be eligible to attend; ineligible kids will be notified on 4/28.
- Eligibility will be based on both academic and citizenship GPA from P4 (ends 4/21) and 7 or less tardies.
- Counselors or administrators should be contacted if there is a question about eligibility due to absences, tardies or behavior.
April 28: Community Project Presentation Panelists Needed!
Our 8th graders have worked hard on their Community Projects which will be presented Friday, April 28. Volunteers will listen to the small groups as they present and ask a few questions. Can be just part of the day! Even just ONE SESSION! Please contact Leah Lavelle for more details if interested. email@example.com
8th Grade Presentations will take place during 8th Grade PHE classes in the RMS Library. Volunteers will listen to students make their presentations in small table groups and ask questions. Presentations schedule for April 28 (Friday):
- Period 1: 8:30 – 9:26 am
- Period 2: 9:33 – 10:29 am
- Period 3: 10:34 – 11:30 am
- Period 4: 11:35 am – 12:37 pm (for Period 0 PHE students)
- Period 5: 1:17 – 2:13 pm
- Period 6: 2:18 – 3:14 pm
SAVE THE DATE! 8th Grade PROMOTION: JUNE 12 (Monday), 9 AM
- Promotion Ceremony at The Observatory Theatre North Park (2891 University Ave) in the Jefferson Elementary neighborhood.
- Each 8th Grade Student may have up to 4 Guests. Details to follow.
- Last Day of School: June 14, 2023.
Volunteers for 8th Grade Events
We need volunteers for a variety of 8th Grade committees and events to end middle school on a high note. Please help us make it a fabulous finish for our 8th Graders!
- Contact Ms. Lavelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Volunteers Team: email@example.com
8th Grade Events Volunteers Interest Form
Here’s the recording of our 8th Grade Parent Meeting (March 20, 2023). Passcode: Gvm88Tv?
For the slideshow presentation, click graphic.
xSTEM San Diego Rocked!
100 RMS 8th Graders had a great day at the xSTEM San Diego in the Convention Center. They heard from STEM innovators about exploring many interests and making their own path into STEM from a variety of passions: art, fashion, rain forests, Antarctic tourism, Space Force, rapping, and cyber security … all forging a path to the future! Our 8th Graders participated in hands-on workshops as well, including making magnets, dusting for finger prints, flight simulations and more.