Good Evening, Roosevelt Families.
I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. Hopefully you have already changed your clocks one hour forward for Daylight Savings Time! Thank you to the 8th Grade Zoo Trip Chaperones and the RooFriends Parking Fundraiser Volunteers for your time and efforts.
Our San Diego Cluster Meeting focusing on Restorative Practices and Vaping has been delayed due to a conflict with a GATE parent meeting that is scheduled. The new date will be April 17th at 5:30 pm, and we will still host the meeting here at Roosevelt. There will be translation and childcare available.
RMS Calendar Updates
- March 16: SGT Meeting at 4 pm. Zoom Link and Agenda
- March 18: Core Academy.
- March 18: RMS Boys Soccer at SDUSD MS Soccer Finals (5 pm, Clairemont HS).
- March 20: 8th Grade Parent Meeting at 5:30 pm.
- March 24: Minimum Day, last day before Spring Break.
- March 27 – March 31: Spring Break.
- April 17: San Diego Cluster Community Meeting at Roosevelt at 5:30 pm.
- Congratulations to our Boys Soccer team for advancing to the SDUSD MS Athletics Soccer Finals! The championship game will be played at 5:00 pm this Saturday, March 18, at Clairemont High School.
- Congratulations also to our Girls Soccer team on a great season and a hard-fought playoff game on Saturday.
- Interested in learning and playing golf? Mr. Amberg and Mr. Gibson are organizing a Roosevelt Golf Team!
8th Grade Parent Meeting
- March 20 (Monday) at 5:30 pm.
- Please join Principal Steinberger and RMS Counselors to learn about our 8th Grade Promotion and 8th Grade Activity plans for the end of the school year: Zoom Link
- There will be many ways to volunteer and support, thank you in advance for your help!
8th Grade Field Trip to San Diego HS: “Caver for a Day” Tour.
- March 22, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Volunteers welcome! You are welcome to walk with our students or meet them at San Diego High School.
- Please let me or Ms. LaVelle know if you have any questions!
Important Survey Reminder: Complete By March 17th
- Last chance! Please complete this California School Parent Survey for Roosevelt to learn more about your opinions and perceptions about our school. Submit the survey for an entry in the drawing for a gift card to a local restaurant!
RMS Community Support!
- Check out the different ways you can support our students at Roosevelt.
- Volunteers Needed for Bungalow Renovation Project: March 30 & 31.
- Please SignUp for Student Safety. We still need afterschool pick-up zone supervisors to continue providing safe pick-up for our students!
- Contribute to RMS projects: Mrs. Hassan (Library), Ms. Vinnard (Science).
- Reading and Math Tutoring for English learners: Ms. McVicar requests volunteers to work one-on-one with English learners in her ELD classes. Volunteer tutors would provide extra support with reading and basic math for these students. Available days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during periods 5 and 6 (1:15-3:15 PM). Training will be provided for anyone interested in helping, whether regularly or sporadically.
- All help is welcome and will be very much appreciated! With questions or to volunteer, please email Ms. McVicar: email@example.com.
Roosevelt MS Theatre Company (RTC) Update
- The Spring 2023 RTC show will be “The Addams Family!” Show Dates: May 12 & 13.
- The Cast is set and in rehearsals.
- Stage Crew Application is now open! Submit the application form and essay by March 20, 11:59 PM. See the RTC Cast & Crew page (RooFriends.org) for the form and essay instructions.
RMS Yearbook 2022-2023
ASB Weekly Announcements
- Check out the 8th Grade Community Projects in the weekly Student Life Announcements Slideshow.
Roosevelt Summer Programs
- Academic program: June 20 – July 21, 8am to 1pm.
- All Roosevelt students attending our Summer Academic Program may apply for Summer PrimeTime.
- LevelUp summer enrollment and information will be made available in late March.
- Enrollment Window OPEN for Summer 2023 Programs.
PrimeTime Spots Are Available Before and After School
- Please email Roosevelt@arc-experience.com if you are interested in signing-up.
Core Academy Saturday School | Attendance Reporting
- The Core Academy dates for 2023 are: 3/18, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3. All students are invited to attend. Please sign-up.
- Please report absences using this link or email Ms. Vallejo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Core Academy sign-up is always available on our Roosevelt Website main page and the FriendsOfRoosevelt.org sidebar.
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.
RMS Important Dates Calendar | Sync with the RooFriends.org Google Calendar