Congratulations to the Roosevelt Soccer and Volleyball Teams on their wins and teamwork this past Saturday! No games this holiday weekend; competition resumes February 25. Let’s keep cheering on our soccer and volleyball athletes!
SDUSD MS Spring Sports Flag Football signups are now open! The registration deadline is March 6.
PRIDE (Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence) Awards for January: Balanced!
- Grade 6– Olivia Buby, Sophia Gonzalez, Hazel Jensen, Marko Milosevic van’t Vlie, Aitana Murias-Oliver, Caleb Palacios.
- Grade 7– Daniel Diepholz, Xochilth Gutierrez- Romo, Emiliana Hipper, Jackson Kuntz, Dexter Tansey, Lucia Wright.
- Grade 8– Awele Agoh, Yordanos Asnake, Carlos Cardiel, Caius Courtney, Angelyn De La Luz, Joaquin Hains, Natalia Lorenzana, Madison McNamara, Nolan Pichardo, Leilani Salas, Ale Sanchez- Martell, Sofia Sych, Myles Weaver, Israel Yiredaw.
RMS Calendar Reminders:
- Thursday, Feb 16, 4:00 PM: SSC Meeting. Here is the SSC Agenda and Zoom link
- Friday Feb 17 and Monday Feb 20: NO SCHOOL for Presidents Holiday Weekend.
- Feb 23, 4:00 PM: SGT Meeting.
ELEVEN MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the RooFriends Presidents Holiday Parking Fundraiser THIS WEEKEND (Saturday & Sunday):
Feb 18 & 19, 11 AM – 2 PM.
Title I Needs Assessment / California School Parent Survey DUE THIS THURSDAY
- Title I Needs Assessment Provide input on how to spend our Title I Budget.
- California School Parent Survey Express your opinions and perceptions about RMS.
San Diego High School Outreach
- SDHS Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) nominations for their 2023-2024 Executive Board are open until Wednesday, February 15. Open to new and prospective families.
NEW DonorsChoose Project for the RMS Library
- Please consider a donation to Mrs. Hassan’s “Manga for Middle School” project.
AfterSchool Pick-Up Zone Volunteers Needed Monday – Friday
- Please SignUp for Student Safety. We need afterschool pick-up zone supervisors to continue providing safe pick-up for our students!
Extended Learning Summer 2023 Zoom Meetings This Week
- Monday, February 13, 5:30pm – 6:30pm.
- Thursday, February 16, 10am – 11am.
- Join Zoom Meetings: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/81378374938
- Meeting ID: 813 7837 4938
Roosevelt Summer Academic Program
- June 20 – July 21, 8 am to 1 pm. Students enrolled will remain in their current grade level for the summer.
- Sign up by filling out this form, or coming into the school office and filling out a paper document.
- To apply for the Primetime Summer Program, go to the summer program website here.
- Level Up Programs will open this Spring.
6th Grade Music Field Trip: Feb 22
- SDUSD VAPA invites 2nd Semester 6th Grade Music students to a Digital Music Ensemble Concert. Chaperones needed!
8th Grade Field Trip to San Diego Zoo: March 8
As a reward for Semester 1, 8th Graders with promotion-eligible grades and citizenship are invited on a field trip to the San Diego Zoo on March 8 (next Late Start Wednesday, 9 AM – 3 PM). Chaperones needed! If you are interested, please email our IB Coordinator Ms. LaVelle at email@example.com and start the chaperone paperwork!
Field Trip Chaperones
- Please start your chaperone paperwork now for Spring field trips!
- Complete the online SDUSD Volunteer Application to chaperone for field trips. Contact Ms. Hernandez in the RMS Office for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candy Not Allowed on Campus
Students are not allowed to bring outside candy to school to be sold to other students. Girl Scout cookies may be sold to Staff. Students were reminded on Friday via RooTube, but I would like for this message to get to families as well.
ASB Weekly Announcements
- Black History Month art contest is open! The entry form is in the weekly Student Life Announcements Slideshow.
PrimeTime Spots Are Available Before and After School
- Please email Roosevelt@arc-experience.com if you are interested in signing-up.
Core Academy Saturday School | Attendance Reporting
- The remaining Core Academy dates for 2023 are: 2/25, 3/11, 3/18, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3. All students are invited to attend. Please sign-up.
- Please report absences using this link or email Ms. Vallejo (email@example.com).
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.
Principal Steinberger | firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS
Principal’s Town Hall 2.3.23 (Recording)
RMS Important Dates Calendar | Sync with the RooFriends.org Google Calendar