San Diego Unified School District is excited to announce a variety of summer learning opportunities so you can create the best summer experience. The window to enroll in the Summer Academic Program, Extended School Year (ESY), and PrimeTime Summer is now open. The summer learning opportunities are no cost to San Diego Unified families.
Families can choose from the following program options:
Summer Academic Program
- The elementary, middle, and high school summer experience will support the academic and social-emotional needs of our students. The Summer Academic Program is open to ALL currently enrolled students including students receiving special education services. Classes are taught by San Diego Unified educators at designated schools. Education specialists will be assigned to sites to help support staff in meeting the needs of all learners. The Summer Academic Program goes from June 20 through July 21, 2023.
- The enrollment window for the Summer Academic Program is February 6 through April 14, 2023. Summer academic enrollment takes place at the students’ current school of attendance. Every student who enrolls is guaranteed a space in the Summer Academic Program.
- Students participating in the ESY/Summer Academic Program can also participate in PrimeTime Summer or Level Up enrichment programs to create the best summer experience. Please note students must be enrolled in the ESY/Summer Academic Program in order to be eligible for PrimeTime Summer.
Extended School Year (ESY)
- ESY services will be provided at all open schools to students who have ESY services as part of their Individualized Education Program (IEP). Specialized ESY programs will be provided at pre-identified schools. Enrollment is coordinated with the student’s current case manager. There is no enrollment deadline for ESY.
PrimeTime Summer Program
- San Diego Unified’s Extended Learning Opportunities Department is working collaboratively with the PrimeTime partner organizations to offer a PrimeTime Summer program at elementary, UTK-8, and middle schools offering district Summer Academic Programs. PrimeTime Summer will provide an engaging environment where students can strengthen their academic skills and participate in enrichment activities within the areas of Art, Science, Music and Athletics.
- The application process can be found on the PrimeTime website. The application window is February 6 through March 3, 2023. Spaces are limited, so apply today!
- Please note students must be enrolled in the ESY/Summer Academic Program in order to be eligible for PrimeTime Summer. Participation in PrimeTime Summer precludes enrollment in Level Up enrichment programs.
Level Up Enrichment
- In addition to rewarding learning experiences from our educators, we are also partnering with the San Diego Foundation and dozens of local nonprofits to provide students with afternoon enrichment opportunities and week-long camps at no cost to San Diego Unified families throughout the city. Summer Level Up enrichment programs for all district students grades UTK-12 will be offered by our Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA), Office of College, Career and Technical Education (CCTE), and community partners throughout June, July, and August 2023. Level Up enrichment opportunities will include sports camps, STEAM- and arts-based experiences, leadership institutes, internships, and accelerated learning opportunities. Enrollment and more information about these programs will be made available to families in the Spring.
To learn more about each of the programs being offered this summer and access applications/enrollment forms, visit our Extended Learning Opportunities website and attend the informational session via Zoom.
Extended Learning Summer 2023 Opportunities: This Zoom session will focus on enrollment in the Summer Morning Academic Program.
- When: Mon, February 13, 5:30pm – 6:30pm or Thur, February 16, 10am – 11am.
- , Join Zoom Meeting: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/81378374938
- Meeting ID: 813 7837 4938
- If you need interpretation in another language, please click on the link and fill out the form at least 3 days ahead of the workshop: https://forms.gle/q3phGumNNaM3STDs9
- Interpretation services start 15 minutes before the start of each meeting.
More details available on the Family Engagement Calendar at SDUSDfamilies.org.
RMS Important Dates Calendar | Sync with the RooFriends.org Google Calendar