Congratulations to RMS Music on Their First Concert of 2022-2023!!
Roosevelt IB MS hosts a vibrant Music Program for RMS Band, Orchestra, Digital Music, Jazz Band Musicians and 6th Graders. Following the IB Music model, RMS Music offers students opportunities to explore and enjoy the diversity of music throughout the world and encourages them to develop their creativity through musical performance art.
SDUSD VAPA Honor Ensembles Announcement
Huzzah!! SDUSD Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) just announced the audition results for Middle School Honor Band and Orchestra 2023: Oslo Treviño (Trumpet), Katherine Ferbert, Paige Shepherd Decker, Roma Snodgrass (Violins), Aileen Gienapp (Viola), Sofía Buby (Double Bass). Together, they compose the largest group of RMS students in recent history to be included in the annual MS Honor Ensemble. They will perform on Feb 4, 2023, 2 pm at Point Loma Nazarene University.
Support MUSIC EDUCATION and More Friends of Roosevelt Foundation-Sponsored Programs!
- VOLUNTEER for the RooFriends Winter Break 2022 Parking Fundraiser.
- Music Families: EARMARK Your Volunteer Hours for RMS Music. $25/hour per volunteer!!
Upcoming Performances for December 2022
RMS Music Director Mr. EK has formed Advanced Band into Jazz Band!! In May 2022, RooFriends Music Boosters sponsored a field trip for music students to attend a Classics 4 Kids – Young Lions Jazz Conservatory concert in downtown San Diego’s Balboa Theatre. This Summer, three RMS Band students auditioned and are now enrolled in Young Lions Jazz Conservatory. Please consider supporting our young Jazz students at their YLJC performances (FREE SHOWS).
- TODAY Wednesday, Dec 14, 7-8pm at Panama 66-SDMA in Balboa Park, Oslo T. (trumpet) with YLJC Sidewinder Ensemble.
- THIS Saturday, Dec 17 11am – 4pm at The Loft, UCSD: YLJC Winter Showcase.
- 11:20 – 11:40 AM: Thomas M (alto sax), Unity Ensemble.
- 12:00 – 12:20 PM: Pax Willoughby (double bass), It’s About Time Ensemble.
- 1:40 – 2:00 PM: Oslo T (trumpet), Sidewinder Ensemble.
- Dec 28, 7-8pm at Panama 66-SDMA in Balboa Park: Thomas M. (alto sax) with Unity Ensemble.
- Mr. Nathan Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director: email@example.com.
- RooFriends Music Boosters: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep In Time with RMS Music and the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation: SUBSCRIBE to RooFriends.org.
- Subscribe and Sync to the RMS Music Boosters Calendar.
- Follow RMS Music on Instagram: @rimsmusicprogram.
- Learn Digital Music with Mr. EK’s 6th Grade Music Classes | YouTube.com.
- For RMS Music videos: Roosevelt IB MS Music Boosters (San Diego, CA) | YouTube.com.