Roosevelt Families, Happy Holiday Season to you all!
We ended last week with a wonderful winter concert from our Band and Orchestra. Thank you to Mr. Elias Kocivar, Mr. Garcia, RMS Music Boosters and of course our talented students for putting on an amazing show.
Thank you to all the Volunteers who joined RMS Staff in providing education enrichment opportunities for our students last week: Scholastic Book Fair, and the 7th Grade San Diego Zoo and RMS Music San Diego Symphony field trips.
I am looking forward to a festive last week of school with our ASB Spirit Week and then our Winter Break. Wishing you all a peaceful and reflective end of the year.
This Week’s Calendar Reminders
- MINIMUM DAY THIS Friday, Dec 16; the school day will end at 1:44 pm.
- This is the last week of Fall/Winter 2022 AfterSchool Enrichment (ASE) clubs. Thanks to RooFriends for organizing and sponsoring this wonderful program offered FREE to all students.
New Drop-Off / Pick-Up Plan Beginning January 3rd
Starting January 3rd at 8:00 am, we are implementing an important proactive change for Student Safety!
- ALL student drop-off and pick-up will take place in our Gravel Lot on Zoo Drive.
- The pedestrian gate on Zoo Drive will remain locked. Do not drop-off or pick-up students on the Zoo Drive curb.
- All students who walk home, take the bus or have afterschool activities (PrimeTime, ASE, RMS Sports, etc) will exit on Upas St.
- January 3rd morning drop-off will begin at 8:00 am to help us all adjust to the new plan.
- Please volunteer to help implement our new Student Safety plan: Drop-Off/PIck-Up SignUp.
This decision was made due to our staff and community observing countless near misses before and after school. For me, watching a child almost get hit by a car has led to this change. Thank you to SGT for brainstorming, planning and now implementing the solution!
San Diego HS Parent Connect Community Meeting
SDHS Parent Connect would like to invite the RMS Community to a very important SDHS information event this Wednesday, December 14 at 6:00pm via Zoom.
- Updates on program and course offerings.
- Information on Advanced Studies options and pathways.
- Advice for class selection and articulation.
- Q&A with administration and IB coordinators.
- Zoom Link: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/84823633345
- Zoom Meeting ID: 848 2363 3345
RMS Music Notes
- Congratulations!! SDUSD Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) just announced the audition results for Middle School Honor Band and Orchestra 2023: Oslo Treviño (Trumpet), Katherine Ferbert, Paige Shepherd Decker, Roma Snodgrass (Violins), Aileen Gienapp (Viola), Sofía Buby (Double Bass). Together, they compose the largest group of RMS students to be included in the annual Honor Ensemble in recent history. They will perform on Feb 4, 2023, 2 pm at Point Loma Nazarene University.
- RMS Music Notes (December 2022): Including invites to upcoming RMS Music Jazz performances.
RooFriends Winter Break 2022 Parking Fundraiser
Thanks to VOLUNTEERS, RooFriends raised almost $30,000 (before costs) at the December Nights Parking Fundraiser. Our next opportunity to contribute to RMS Student and Staff support is the Winter Break 2022 Parking Fundraiser, Dec 26-31 (midday 3-hour shifts). Please sign-up!
Bungalow Renovation on Campus over Winter Break
- Congratulations to Ms. Jones who applied for and received a Home Depot Grant to renovate the 6th Grade Bungalows area!
- Join the effort on December 20, 21, 22 (Tues-Thurs, 8:30am-4:30pm). Volunteers, please sign-up.
- Contact Ms. Jones with any questions on how you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
RMS Families in Need
- THANKS to the RMS Community’s generosity, RooFriends and the RMS Staff recently distributed $4000+ of gift cards for groceries, school supplies and more to RMS Families in need. Please continue to Support RMS Families In Need Year-Round Campaign.
Core Academy Saturday School | Attendance Reporting
- The Core Academy dates for 2023 are: 1/14, 1/28, 2/11, 2/25, 3/11, 3/18, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3. All students are invited to attend. Please sign-up.
- Please report absences using this link. You may also email Ms. Vallejo: email@example.com.
- These links are always available on our Roosevelt IB MS Website main page and the FriendsOfRoosevelt.org sidebar.
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.