Greetings, Roosevelt Families!
Thank You to all the Volunteers who helped at our RooFriends December Nights Parking Fundraiser! It was a huge success. While we are waiting for the final total, prior to costs it looks like we raised close to $30,000!! That is great news in our efforts to continue to provide After School Enrichment for FREE, fund our wonderful school librarian position and more. Our next big fundraising opportunity is the RooFriends Winter Break 2022 Parking Fundraiser (Dec 26 – 31). Please sign-up to volunteer. Thank You!!
REMINDER: LATE START WEDNESDAY Dec 7. 1st Pd Starts at 09:30 AM.
Scholastic Book Fair Dec 5 – 8 (Monday – Thursday)
Soccer and Volleyball Tryouts Sign-Up DEADLINE: MONDAY, December 5.
- REGISTER TODAY!! Tryouts Schedule: Jan 4 & 9. Details to follow from SDUSD MS Athletics.
RMS Band & Orchestra Invitation: Monday, Dec 5, 2:00 – 3:00 PM.
- RooFriends Music Boosters invite Band & Orchestra Families to today’s La Jolla Music Society Discovery Artists presentation in the Auditorium, 2:00 – 3:00 PM.
- Join the Band & Orchestra Students for a music performance and discussion with Randall Goosby (violin) and Zhu Wang (piano).
Volunteer Chaperones Needed for Wednesday Dec 7 Field Trips
- 7th Grade San Diego Zoo.
- Band & Orchestra (Instrumental Music) San Diego Symphony. Note: Participating Band and Orchestra Students check-in with Mr. EK at 08:30 AM on Wednesday despite the Late Start Wednesday schedule. Field Trip buses depart 09:00 AM.
RMS Music Winter Concert Thursday, Dec 8, 6:30 PM, RMS Auditorium.
- RMS Band & Orchestra Students invite Family & Friends to their first concert of 2022-2023! The Winter Concert is FREE with Open Seating. Donations welcome! Doors open at 6:15 PM.
Principal Town Hall Slides Recording
- In January, I am hoping to host an in-person community meeting to focus on safety.
- Please download the City of San Diego ‘Get It Done’ App to report any safety concerns you observe around our school.
- I was told by SDPD that for non-emergencies this is the best way to get support from SDPD and the city.
- In regards to student safety, we will begin student drop-off and pick-up in the Zoo Drive Lot (instead of the Zoo Drive-Park Blvd curb/gate) when we return from Winter Break (January 3, 2023).
- More details to follow. Thank you to our Site Governance Team (SGT) for making this a priority!
Our Next SGT Meeting is this Thursday, December 8th, at 4 PM
November’s IB Learner Profile Trait: Thinker. These students were selected by a teacher and honored with a card and treat on Friday!
- Grade 6: Sean Baumgartner, Madison Galeana, Helen Gonzalez, Zoe Hernandez, Elijah Morello, Rylan Nguyen, Julian Ward
- Grade 7: Fidel Ajpop Acosta, David Gonzalez, Cindy Medina Velasquez, Grettel Nungaray Beltran, Samuel Pardo Improta, Paige Shepherd Decker
- Grade 8: Katherine Ferbert, Marley Myers, Alejandra Mont, Louis Sandoval Blandon, Angel Solis, Truman Stevens-Lazich, Ruby Tullis, Ana Villela
SDUSD Vision 2030 will provide strategic direction for the overall educational experience for students, and will guide our goals and the actions we take. We are looking for at least one parent and one student to join us for a Zoom session led by our district: Dec 14 at 5 PM. Please sign up here. Thank you!
San Diego County Gun Violence Listening Sessions
San Diego County’s gun violence reduction advisory group is hosting community listening sessions. These sessions will be to help the advisory group to get to know the needs from the community in order to find solutions. There are several upcoming listening meetings. Please click here for flyers.
RMS Families in Need
- THANKS to the RMS Community’s generosity and with the help of RMS Staff, RooFriends distributed $4000+ of gift cards for groceries, school supplies and more to select RMS Families: Support RMS Families In Need Year-Round Campaign.
Core Academy Saturday School | Attendance Reporting
- The next Core Academy is this Saturday, Dec 10. All students are invited to attend. Please sign-up.
- Please report absences using this link. You may also email Ms. Vallejo: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.
Principal Steinberger | email@example.com | Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS