Music Education Funding
The Music Director and the Music Boosters would like to share an Election Day message with the RMS Community. For your consideration on CA Proposition 28: ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR ARTS AND MUSIC EDUCATION IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS. INITIATIVE STATUTE.
“Arts Education is a crucial and integral part of the social, emotional and cognitive development of a child. It is a requirement for proper brain development, and for comprehensive education for young minds, as it provides tools that will last a lifetime.
Currently, funding for Arts Education in K-12 public schools is NOT SUFFICIENT and must be increased to meet the needs of all children. Vote YES on Prop 28 to have the state release the funds to provide comprehensive arts education for all K-12 public schools in California.
A complete education that includes arts education generates productive members of tomorrow’s society. Vote YES on Prop 28.”
Thank you for considering,
Music Director & Music Boosters.
CONGRATULATIONS to RMS Music!!
With the combined efforts of Mr. EK and the Music Boosters, the RMS Music program has been awarded TWO grants this month.
- SDUSD Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Foundation: $1900.00.
- Cal Coast Cares Foundation Educator Grant: $1610.00.
These awards will go towards upgrading the Music Lab as well as acquiring technology and equipment to enhance the Digital Music curriculum and student experience.
We continue to seek opportunities to grow RMS Music and increase music education accessibility to more students. Specifically, we hope to upgrade from outdated Music Lab computers in order to keep up with the ever-changing developments in music composition. This project entails funding of $20,000+ to modify/replace 30 student computers. If you have corporate and charitable connections who would like to join you and the Music Boosters in this venture, please contact email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER for RooFriends December Nights Parking Fundraiser
- December Nights is back, Dec 2 & 3. Earn funds for RMS Music!! RooFriends will earmark funds for RMS Music when you identify Music / Music Boosters as your RMS Cause in the sign-up process. Music volunteers earn $25 per hour!! Students are welcome to volunteer along with their parents.
Music Field Trips
- Nov 9, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM:1st Semester 6th Grade Music Field Trip to World Beat Cultural Center (Balboa Park).
- Dec 7, 09:00 AM – 12:00 PM: ALL RMS Music Instrumental Students (Band and Orchestra) Field Trip to the San Diego Symphony Open Rehearsal at The Rady Shell in Jacobs Park.
- Music Boosters are organizing for more music education enrichment opportunities in 2023.
CHAPERONES: Let’s get started on your volunteer applications NOW to get on the approved chaperone list ASAP.
For assistance with the application, please contact:
- Ms. Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org | 619-362-3850).
- Nurse Keesee (email@example.com | Mon, Wed, Friday (619) 362-3850).
Save the Dates for RMS Music-Young Lions Jazz Conservatory performances this semester:
- THIS WEDNESDAYNov 9, 7:00 PM: Pax Willoughby (RMS Orchestra, Double Bass), “It’s About Time” Ensemble.
- Dec 14, 7:00 PM: Oslo Treviño , (RMS Band, Trumpet) “Sidewinder” Ensemble.
- YLJC performances are at Panama 66-San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park.
- Shows are FREE! Tip Jar Donations are Welcome!!
This semester, students have already enjoyed performances by Chunky Hustle Brass Band (RMS Peace Day 2022) and Jazz Reach Metta Quintet. More live music on campus to come!!
- Dec 5, 2:00 PM: La Jolla Music Society Visiting Artist Randall Goosby, Violin. 6th Grade Music, Digital Music, Band & Orchestra and RMS Families invited. Details to follow.
SAVE THE DATE!!Dec 8 (6:30 – 8:00 PM, Thursday): RMS Music Winter Concert.
SDUSD VAPA MS HONOR BAND and ORCHESTRA
- Auditions: December 1, 2022, Thursday, 5:00 – 9:00 PM at CPMA Middle School.
- AUDITION materials and registration are now available!!
- Students DO NOT HAVE TO BE ENROLLED in RMS Music/ Band/ Orchestra to audition.
- Contact Mr. EK if you are interested in auditioning for Honor Band or Orchestra: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT RMS MUSIC
- Roosevelt IB MS Music Program: Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Digital Music, 6th Grade Music.
- Mr. Nathan Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director: email@example.com.
- RMS Music Boosters (Volunteers): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep Up-to-Date with RMS Music: SUBSCRIBE to RooFriends.org.
- “Keep In Time” with RMS Music for music events on campus as well as special offers from our Music Education Partners; sync with the RMS Music Google Calendar.
- Follow Mr. EK and RMS Music on Instagram: @rimsmusicprogram.
- Learn Digital Music with Mr. E.K: 6th Grade Music Class | YouTube.com.
- Roosevelt IB Music Boosters (San Diego, CA) | YouTube.com.
- Support RMS Student Musicians! Thank You!!
Orchestra Families, please consider representing your Strings students in Music Boosters. Currently, the Music Boosters include only volunteer Band Families. If you’re interested, please contact email@example.com.