Greetings from RMS Music!!
We’ll be hosting a Music Meeting in November. ‘Til then, we would like to share our Music Notes for October 2022.
- “Keep In Time” with RMS Music for music events on campus as well as special offers from our Music Education Partners; sync with the RMS Music Google Calendar.
- Learn Digital Music with Mr. E.K: 6th Grade Music Class | YouTube.com.
- NEW!! Roosevelt IB Music Boosters (San Diego, CA) | YouTube.com.
- Support RMS Student Musicians! Thank You!!
WELCOME to our new Music Boosters members, Indrani Ganguly and Sheila Gray!!
- Both Indrani and Sheila are parents of Band Kids. Thanks for volunteering!!
- Orchestra Families, please consider representing the Strings students. If you’re interested, please contact PaulineTreviño (Music Boosters, President): firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Piano Installed in the RMS Auditorium!!
- With the surprise gift of the instrument itself and additional funding from another very generous donor for the equipment and move, we now have a grand piano at RMS.
- We are in line for a piano tuning appointment with SDUSD VAPA, and we’re hopeful that our grand piano will be ready for its first concert for our music program … this week!!
THIS THURSDAY Oct 27, 9:30-10:30 AM: LJMS VAPA Jazz Reach Concert.
- RMS has been selected by La Jolla Music Society and SDUSD Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) to host a Jazz Reach concert on our campus featuring Metta Quintet & Mission Bay HS Music.
- ALL Semester 1 music students (6th Grade Music, Band, Orchestra and Digital Music) are invited to attend. Music Families who wish to attend must complete campus access admin with the RMS Office. Please contact Music Boosters if you’d like to join us: email@example.com.
- Mr. E.K. will be distributing permission forms to students who will be responsible for asking their 2nd & 3rd Period teachers for signed permission to be excused from classes to attend the concert.
FRIDAY Oct 28, Oct 28, 5:00 – 7:00 PM: Dia de Los Muertos at The Rady Shell.
- Enjoy an evening celebrating Día de Los Muertos at The Shell. Add photos of your loved ones to the community ofrenda. Mariachi Villa Musica, crafts, food, drinks and a calavera contest will all be part of this exciting evening. FREE and open to the public! No tickets necessary!
- Note: the San Diego Symphony will not appear at this community event.
SATURDAY Oct 29, 3:00 PM: LJMS Invites RMS Families to Jazz Reach at The Conrad.
- LJMS Learning & Engagement is offering 15 complimentary concert tickets!!
- RMS Student(s) and 1 guest/ adult chaperone. Preference to students who have not attended a concert at The Conrad venue. Must provide your own transportation.
- First come, first served. Please contact Music Boosters by Monday, 10/24 11:00 AM: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT SUNDAY Oct 30, 2:00 – 3:00 PM: San Diego Youth Symphony Halloween Concert.
- Join SDYS’ Symphonic Strings, including RMS Orchestra student(s), as they collaborate with Spreckels Organ Society for a FREE Halloween concert in the Spreckles Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park.
Nov 9, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM: 6th Grade Music Field Trip to World Beat Cultural Center (Balboa Park).
- To enhance the 6th Grade Music curriculum, Music Boosters is organizing a visit to the nearby World Beat Cultural Center for 1st Semester 6th Grade Music students.
- To manage this field trip, we are requesting at least 6 chaperones to help with an estimated 90 students. 6th Grade Music Families preferred; 7th & 8th Grade Music Families are also welcome to chaperone.
- Chaperones must complete SDUSD Volunteer admin with the RMS Office. Please contact Music Boosters: email@example.com.
Dec 2 & 3: VOLUNTEERS for RooFriends Parking Fundraiser for December Nights!!
- RooFriends will reward RMS organizations when their volunteers identify their RMS Cause in the sign-up process. Volunteers earn $25 per hour for their designated cause. Earn funds for RMS Music!! Students are welcome to volunteer along with their parents.
- Sign-Up for the RooFriends Parking Fundraiser for December Nights (Dec 2 & 3).
Dec 5, 2:00 PM: LJMS Visiting Artist at RMS.
- Randall Goosby, Violin. Details to follow.
Dec 7 (TBD): Open Rehearsal at San Diego Symphony Field Trip.
- 6th Grade Music, Band & Orchestra students invited. Chaperones please contact Music Boosters: firstname.lastname@example.org. Details to follow.
SAVE THE DATE!!Dec 8 (6:30 – 8:00 PM, Thursday): RMS Music Winter Concert.
Congratulations to Thomas Morrison, RMS Band Alto Sax, on his debut performance with the Young Lions Jazz Conservatory’s “Unity” Ensemble last week at the Panama 66-San Diego Museum of Art venue in Balboa Park.
- Save the Dates for two more RMS- YLJC performances this semester:
CONTACT RMS MUSIC
- Roosevelt IB MS Music Program: Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Digital Music, 6th Grade Music.
- Mr. Nathan Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director: email@example.com.
- RMS Music Boosters (Volunteers): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep Up-to-Date with RMS Music: SUBSCRIBE to RooFriends.org.