A Message from ASB Students:
Red Ribbon Spirit Week is here!! All spirit gear must be school appropriate.
Red Ribbon Week- October 24th-28th (Led by Counseling)
The 2022 Red Ribbon Week Theme is Celebrate Life. Live Drug Free. Red Ribbon Week is a national campaign to raise awareness about drug and alcohol prevention and an overall healthy lifestyle. This year’s activities include:
- Spirit Week: Monday, we are wearing red to show our commitment to drug free and health lifestyle.
- RRW Flyer Contest (on second slide) Topic: Vaping Harms your Health.
- Vaping Prevention Lessons during Science classes on Wednesday, 10/26.
- Lunchtime nutrition/healthy habit activity on Wednesday, 10/26.
- Mini-Contests throughout the week on Counseling Google Classroom – please encourage students to join our GClass!
It’s important for parents to have open communication with their children about making healthy choices. We’ve linked to some resources to help parents start those discussions:
- Why Small Conversations Make a Big Impression from SAMHSA.
- Talk with your Teen about E-Cigarettes from US Surgeon General.
- Talking with Teens About Alcohol and Other Drugs from SAMHSA.
- Starting the Conversation About Mental Health from Mental Health America.
October 24-28:Red Ribbon Spirit Week& Fall Festival.
- Monday: Red Ribbon Day – Wear red to support the avoidance of drug use.
- Tuesday: Career Day – Dress as though we’ve accomplished our goals such as future careers.
- Wednesday: Hobbies Day – Show off our hobbies. For example, those who play sports could wear jerseys.
- Thursday: Pajama Day – Supporting healthy habits like sleep by having a pajama day.
- Friday: Costume Day!
ASB Fall Festival THIS FRIDAY October 28 3:30pm – 5:00pm
ASB is hosting a Fall Festival! This event will take place on the basketball and tennis courts, is free of charge to attend and open to ONLY 300 students.
- Students have access to the registration form on October 21st in the weekly announcement slides posted in their 4th period class.
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- ASB Student Store will be open selling refreshments during the event: cash only.
- If parents or guardians are interested in chaperoning this event, please email the ASB Advisor Sarah Leach email@example.com