A Message from SDUSD Athletics and SDUSD Middle School Athletics:
Due to the challenging heat temperatures this past week, SDUSD Athletics has adjusted the timeline for the Fall 2022 athletics season. To ensure all sites/coaches have equitable time to evaluate student athletes, we are allowing an additional week of tryouts/practices September 12 – 16. This time will be utilized as extended evaluation time by coaching staffs to select the teams that will represent your school in basketball or track & field.
We encourage registered students to attend both days next week (Sep 12 & 14, Monday & Wednesday) to give coaches a chance to assess each player’s ability prior to finalizing rosters.
REGISTRATION for Fall Sports 2022 IS NOW CLOSED; NO WALK-ONs.
Middle Schools Tryouts/Practices Schedule (Sep 12 – 16)
RMS Basketball and RMS Track & Field practices: Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:34-5:04 PM. Bring a filled water bottle(s), athletic attire, sunscreen, and a towel to tryouts/practices. Try-outs are closed; families will not be allowed.
- Basketball Meeting location: outdoor basketball courts.
- Track & Field Meeting location: lunch arbor.
- Team announcements Sep 18: SDUSD Middle School Athletics website.
- The full season of scheduled contests with times and locations will be released Sep 19.
- The first contests of the season will take place on Sep 24 (Saturday).
SDUSD Athletics plans to offer additional sports for Winter 2022 and Spring 2023. Soccer & Volleyball registration will begin in October. Winter Sports will run January 3 – March 11, 2023.
We are looking forward to an exciting year of Middle School Athletics.
SDUSD Athletics, PE and Health Department
For more information:
- Lonnie Jones (SDUSD Middle School Athletics): 619-725-7440 | email@example.com
- Aldo Chavez (AthLEAD Advantage): 619-769-3404 | firstname.lastname@example.org