A Message from Principal Steinberger (Sep 5, 2022)
Greetings, Roosevelt Families!
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend celebrating Labor Day. Last week turned out to be a great first week! Seeing students positively interacting with each other and our staff brings so much joy to our campus. As always, please reach out to me or our counseling team if you need any support. Here are the updates for the week:
Principal Town Hall Slides and Recording
It was a pleasure spending time with so many of you last Friday at our online Town Hall meeting. Thank you to the RooFriends Communications Team for posting the 9/2 Town Hall presentation and recording.
- THIS WEDNESDAY 9/7 is our first Late Start Wednesday. 1st Period begins at 9:30 AM.
- Back to School Night and Picture Day Will Both Be Thursday, September 22!
Attendance / Absence Reporting
Drop Off Reminders
- Gates will now open at 8:15 AM.
- It is critical to drive safely around our children and avoid U-turns on Upas St and Zoo Dr. You can safely turn around in the Zoo parking lot.
- For the Upas St neighborhood, please do not park in or block the bus drop-off zones and the residential driveways.
- Campus Traffic Safety Notes
PHE Uniform Reminder
- Students will be assigned a PHE locker in their corresponding locker rooms on Sept 6-7. Please make sure your student has their lock and PHE uniform with them!
- All students will begin dressing for PHE classes THIS THURSDAY Sept 8.
Students and Staff are able get tested at school by opting in to regular, on-site testing through Responsive Lab Partners. To opt in to testing, visit the Primary Health Portal to register for an account for your child. Please sign the consent in the portal and select the school that your child attends.
- COVID Testing will be Monday afternoons from 12-3 PM.
- We will send passes to students each Monday morning. If your child does not receive a pass they may head to Room 802 during lunch.
School Site Council (SSC) and Site Governance Team (SGT)
We have SSC and SGT parent positions open, please email Principal Steinberger directly by THIS THURSDAY Sep 8 if you are interested in joining one of these important committees this school year!
- School Site Council (SSC) provides input on our Title 1 budget spending and allocation.
- Site Governance Team (SGT) helps develop policies and procedures at Roosevelt.
- Meetings for these committees will be held after school on Zoom.
- We will hold the election after all nominations are received.
Finally, I want to send a special thank you to the NEW RooFriends Events Team for organizing the RooFriends Social last week. I always appreciate connecting with Roosevelt Families! Please click here to see how You Can Help, thanks again!
- Ms. Brewer (Associate Principal): email@example.com
- Ms. Martinez (Counselor for last names A-G): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Penn (Counselor for last names H-O): email@example.com
- Ms. Santana (Counselor for last names P-Z):firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Castillo (PowerSchool Assistance):email@example.com
- Ms. Santos (Enrollment Support): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Hernandez (Administrative Support): email@example.com
- Ms. Akella (Finance Support): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Hassan (Librarian): email@example.com
Connect with RooFriends!!
- Please visit the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation website and subscribe to the RooFriends email list to receive school-related updates.
- Sync with the RooFriends Google Calendar.
- “Like” the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation Facebook page.
- Join the Families of Roosevelt Middle School (FORMS) Facebook group.
- Follow Principal Steinberger on Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS.