SDUSD Middle School Fall Athletics 2022 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for basketball and track & field, which will run concurrently this Fall. Tryouts start TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6. All students in grades 6-8 will be invited to tryouts for whichever of the two offered sports they choose. SDUSD Student ID and SDUSD/ AthLEAD Waivers are required to register.
Middle School Athletes across SDUSD will have access to qualified coaching and a chance to represent their community in competition against other schools. Teams will play at their neighborhood high school athletic facilities, giving students a chance to establish a connection and familiarity with their future schools.
UPDATE (Sep 1): A Message from SDUSD Athletics.
Dear Roosevelt Parents/Guardian.
THANK YOU as we truly appreciated your patience. With this being year 1 of SDUSD Middle School Athletics, the interest level has been outstanding with an overwhelming amount of signups. Listed below is all of the info regarding tryouts/practices for the Fall 2022 season.
- PRACTICES: Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:34-5:04 PM.
- BOTH BASKETBALL & TRACK SAME DAY.
- Basketball Meeting location: outdoor basketball courts.
- Track & Field Meeting location: lunch arbor.
- Bring a filled water bottle(s), athletic attire, sunscreen, and a towel to tryouts/practices.
- Please keep in mind that this is a closed try-outs and families will not be allowed on campus.
SDUSD Athletics plans to offer additional sports for Winter and Spring, including flag football, volleyball and soccer.
For more information:
- Lonnie Jones (SDUSD Middle School Athletics): 619-725-7440 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aldo Chavez (AthLEAD Advantage): 619-769-3404 | email@example.com