5/24/22, 10 PM Update: Music Families, we have one chaperone spot open for the 5/25 music field trip. If your SDUSD Volunteer Application is up-to-date and on record in the RMS Office, please consider volunteering. If you’re interested, please contact us at email@example.com. In the morning, check on your volunteer status in the RMS Office and then meet with Mr. E.K. in the Music Room/ Auditorium at 08:15 AM. Thanks!
A Message from Mr. Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director:
Music Families, the following information is for the music students who submitted their permission forms for the field trip, Wednesday, May 25. Please share with your child(ren) so that they are well-prepared to enjoy this experience.
Thanks to the fundraising efforts of the RMS Music Boosters and the generosity of the RMS Community for sponsoring this music education opportunity!!
- Classics 4 Kids “Journey into Jazz” Concert, Balboa Theatre, Downtown San Diego: May 25, 2022.
5/25 Music Field Trip Timeline:
- 08:30 -09:00 AM: Check-in with Mr. E.K. and the volunteer chaperones at the Music Room/ Auditorium and board buses to Balboa Theatre.
- Return to RMS in time for Students to go to 3rd Period Classes.
- Students will have lunch at their regularly scheduled lunch periods at school.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS on the buses or in the theatre.
Concert Read-Ahead Assignment (Check 6th Grade Music, Band & Orchestra Google Classrooms): Classics 4 Kids “Journey Into Jazz” Educational Packet 2022.
Classics 4 Kids may be taking photos of the audience to post on their social media platforms. Other schools will be in attendance.
A Message from Classics 4 Kids: We are so excited for RMS Music Students to join us at the “Journey into Jazz” C4K Concert.
- NO videotaping or recording permitted DURING the performance.
- The orchestra is part of the Musician’s Union that has very strict rules against recording.
- The audience may take pictures before/after the performance. Please tag “Classics 4 Kids” when posting your photos on social media.
COVID 19 GUIDELINES:
CLASSICS 4 KIDS’ PROGRAMS COMPLY WITH ALL SAFETY PROTOCOLS OUTLINED BY THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH FOR COVID. EFFECTIVE APRIL 1ST, 2022.
- FACIAL COVERINGS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
- VACCINE OR NEGATIVE COVID TEST ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED.
- HAND SANITIZER WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE VENUE.
CLASSICS 4 KIDS WILL RE-ADJUST THESE PROTOCOLS AS APPROPRIATE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDANCE.
For more information about the RMS Music Program:
- Mr. Nathan Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RMS Music Boosters: email@example.com.
- Keep Up-to-Date with RMS Music and the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation: SUBSCRIBE!!
- NEW!! Roosevelt IB MS Music Boosters (San Diego, CA) | YouTube.com