A Standing Ovation for Our SDUSD VAPA Honor Music Students!!
Honor Concerts are “a celebration of student achievement in music and the arts. We recognize the many hours of practice and hard work that our students have undertaken to perform. Thank you for being part of our music community!” – Dr. Lamont Jackson, SDUSD Superintendent
SDUSD Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA) Middle School Honor Music | Roosevelt IB MS Students:
- Oslo Treviño, 7th Grade, 2022 Middle School Honor Band & Orchestra Winds, Trumpet.
- Ruby Tullis, 7th Grade, 2022 Treble Honor Choir.
Students DO NOT need to be enrolled in RMS Music to audition for SDUSD VAPA Honor Music Ensembles. VAPA will post 2023 Honor Music Auditions information in Fall 2022 (Oct/Nov).
Let’s Support the RMS Music program that prepares our Students to reach the level of SDUSD VAPA Honor Music Ensembles!!
To DONATE by check, please contact: email@example.com.
Everyone in Honor Band is matched at a certain skill level with their instrument, so we move along a bit faster with the songs. More people participate, so there’s more standard instruments playing with you, plus there’s a bigger variety of contributing instruments that you wouldn’t normally see, and HEAR, in Band at school.
I felt prepared for Honor Band. We received the sheet music a week before practices started. Listening to the songs helps you learn the rhythms a LOT easier. On top of all that, we got plenty more practice with the Conductor and the whole Band before we performed.
- Oslo Treviño, MS Honor Band & Orchestra Winds 2022.
“Give the Gift of Music” Day 4 Tally: $3415.
Our RMS Music 2021-2022 Fundraiser GOAL is $5000.
- 4.13.22 | Music Fundraiser 2022 Kickoff: How Music Students Benefit from Your Donations.
- 4.14.22 | Student Spotlight: San Diego Symphony Young People’s Concert Student Speakers.
- 4.15.22 | Student Spotlight: 6th Grade Music Songwriters & Composers, Digital Music Lab.
- 4.16.22 | Student Spotlight: Making Music, Making Connections.
My 5th Grade Music Teacher inspired me to try Honor Choir in 2020, and I had a great experience, so I joined again in 2022. Honor Choir enhanced my music education by helping me expand my knowledge about music and the world around me. We sang in different languages, and that was very interesting. If there was an after school choir at my school, I would be very intrigued and willing to join.
- Ruby Tullis, Treble Honor Choir 2022.
SAVE THE DATE for the RMS MUSIC SPRING CONCERT:
APRIL 28, 2022, 6:00 PM, RMS AUDITORIUM.
For more information about the RMS Music Program:
- Mr. Nathan Elias Kocivar, RMS Music Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RMS Music Boosters: email@example.com.
- Keep Up-to-Date with RMS Music and the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation: SUBSCRIBE!!