The UCSD COVID-19 Mobile Vaccine Van is back at SDHS!!
April – May 2022: The UCSD Vaccine Van will be at San Diego High School (Park Blvd, across from the 5 South on/off-ramp) on Fridays, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, depending on the availability of supplies.
The UCSD Mobile Vaccination Van is open to students, families, community, and staff. Anyone over the age of 18 can walk in for vaccination. Students younger than 18 will need to have a parent present. San Diego High School students may get vaccination at the school site when the Mobile Vaccination Van is present, without a parent being present if UCSD consent form is completed. As a reminder, students 16 and older attending the summer program Level Up must receive their first vaccination shot on or before June 28, 2022, and their second vaccination shot on or before the timeframe for a second shot recommended by the vaccine manufacturer and the Food and Drug Administration.
- All are welcome: students, school staff, families and community members.
- All vaccines are available. Pfizer: first and second doses for children 5-18, boosters for children 12-18, first and second doses and boosters for adults. Moderna: first and second doses and boosters for adults. Johnson & Johnson: single doses and boosters for adults.
- FREE! Appointments not necessary. Just walk-in!
- The UCSD Vaccine Van may stop taking walk-ins during the last 30 minutes of the advertised timeframe. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- It is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to arrive early in the day as sites have been experiencing vaccine shortages at the end of the day.
- Students of schools other than the hosting school will need to have a parent present to be vaccinated. Students at the hosting school can receive vaccine with a completed UCSD consent form:
English | Spanish | Vietnamese | Somali | Tagalog | Arabic | Swahili | Karen
For more information on vaccine safety, vaccine requirements for students, and additional opportunities for free vaccines, visit the SDUSD COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.
Seven School-Based Health Centers throughout the district offer vaccines by appointment only. Please call the health center directly for more information and to make an appointment.