THANK YOU, RMS Community!!
Thanks to the generosity of the RMS Community, Mrs. Leach’s Donors Choose project was fulfilled just before Spring Break!!
“I am completely filled with gratitude. Thank you so much for supporting my “Listen to Learn” Donors Choose project. These headphones will not only impact the students in my class this year, but will also impact my future students.I was able to share the good news with my classes. They are thrilled. We all feel so loved. With gratitude, Mrs. Leach.”
If you missed out on contributing, please consider the many other opportunities to help RMS Students and Staff.
RMS Welcomes Afghan Refugee Students: The Friends of Roosevelt Foundation have set up an online Afghan Refugee Families Fund to purchase gift cards from retailers to be distributed to the families of our Afghan Students attending Roosevelt IB MS. Please consider a donation: RMS Community Afghan Refugee Families Fund | RooFriends.org
On-Campus Volunteering Opportunities: RMS Staff requests help with supervising during lunch and after school dismissal. If you are interested , please submit the RMS Volunteers Form or contact VP Brewer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Trip Volunteers: Mrs. Vinnard’s 8th Grade science classes are taking a field trip nextdoor to the San Diego Zoo on April 29, 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM. If you would like to chaperone, please contact email@example.com.
Family Engagement & Social Media: RMS Teachers, Counselors and Administrators continue to help Students through conflict that often starts with social media and group chats. Please partner with the school staff in helping students understand the impact of gossip and rumors on other students and their friendships.
- “Six Ways Parents Can Help Kids Survive Gossip,” The Washington Post, April 2016
- Please take a look at their phones and computers to get an idea of their conversations and interactions in group chats via Instagram, Discord and TikTok.
Volunteer Needed for the Site Governance Team (SGT)
- SGT helps develop school policies and procedures. Be a voice for RMS Students & Families!
- Please email Principal Steinberger firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the SGT position.
Friends of Roosevelt Foundation
- Thank You to the RMS Community who participated in last month’s RooFriends Dine Out at The Station Tavern. Together, we raised $600.00 for RMS Students!!
- SAVE THE DATE for the upcoming online RMS Music Spring Fundraiser starting April 13, 2022.
- Please contact the RooFriends Fundraising Committee (email@example.com) with your creative fundraising ideas!
- RooFriends.org | How You Can Help!