La Jolla Playhouse On Campus for RMS Students
La Jolla Playhouse will be providing a FREE after school opportunity in the RMS Library.
- Register for LJP RMS Devised Theatre Workshops
- Session 1: April 4 – April 22, Monday-Friday, 3:30 – 5:00 PM.
- Session 2: April 25 – May 13, Monday – Friday, 3:30 – 5:00 PM.
- Students may sign-up for both sessions!!
DEVISED THEATRE WORKSHOPS
This three-week program is an exciting, personalized exploration of community and history through “Docu Play” theatre. Docu Play is a form of devised theatre in which participants will create a story based on their own stories and stories of members of their communities. Students will participate in ensemble-building theatre exercises, explore elements of storytelling, learn how to conduct an informational interview, edit and revise language to create a focused piece of theatre, learn performance techniques and explore stories from within their own community. This fun theatre program will have students learning new techniques, all the while growing their creativity and confidence. This program is in partnership with The San Diego Foundation and San Diego Unified School District LEVEL UP San Diego.
- Please direct questions to La Jolla Playhouse | Learning & Engagement via BCAVAIOLA@LJP.org.