A Message from Principal Steinberger:
Please make sure to test your child(ren) April 1st and the morning of April 4th.”
A Message from SDUSD:
San Diego Unified School District is pleased to announce all students and district employees are being provided an iHealth Rapid Antigen Test Kit to self-test for COVID-19 prior to returning from Spring Break. Testing and uploading results of the tests is not mandatory for returning to campus but is strongly encouraged.
Testing is an important tool to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. By testing before returning from Spring Break, staff and families can ensure that they are not returning to campus with a COVID infection.
All students and staff should receive their kit between Wednesday, March 23 and Friday, March 25. If a kit was not received, extras may be available for staff and students at the Ed Center Testing Site, which offers rapid antigen and PCR tests, and will remain open through Spring Break.
HOW TO USE THE TESTS
Please note that any person who has had a COVID-19 infection in the past 90 days should not use the test kit, unless they have symptoms. The test may be positive because of a prior infection.
- Each iHealth Rapid Antigen Test Kit contains two tests.
- Students and staff should take the first test on Friday, April 1 — three days before their return to school or work.
- Students and staff should take the second test the morning of Monday, April 4 before coming to school or work.
- If the test is negative and no COVID-19 symptoms are present, the student or staff member is cleared to return.
- If the test is positive, the student or staff member should stay home and contact their school or supervisor to follow any further instructions before returning.
- Additional details on how and when to use these self-administered COVID-19 tests can be found on this instructional flier: English, Karen, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Vietnamese
We hope you have a restful Spring Break and look forward to seeing all of our students and staff back healthy on April 4.