A Message from Principal Steinberger
Hello, Roosevelt Families! I hope everyone enjoys this last week before Spring Break!
Spirit Week: Please encourage your children to participate!
- Monday: Dress Up Day.
- Tuesday: Sports Day.
- Wednesday: Class Color Day.
- 6th Grade: Blue.
- 7th: Gray.
- 8th: Black.
- Thursday: Pajama Day.
- Friday: RMS Spirit Day. Wear RMS Gear and/or Colors! Maroon, gray, black, white.
Monday Morning Art Sessions: Dr. Herndon will continue hosting Monday morning art sessions in Room 315 at 7:15 AM. This opportunity is open to all students, no sign-up required!
RMS Soccer Tryouts March 21 & 23: This Monday and Tuesday, 3:30-5:00 PM on our Joint Use Field (Upas & Richmond)!
San Diego High School 8th Grade Visit Tuesday, March 22.
- San Diego High School Showcase and Enrollment Event will be on campus Tuesday, March 22 during 8th Grade lunch. SDHS students and staff from ASB, Athletics, AJROTC, Cheer, and various pathways will be present to answer questions and promote all of the opportunities at SDHS. Next week, SDHS enrollment packets will be sent home with all 8th Grade students. To complete SDHS enrollment, parents must complete and return the packet to SDHS during regular school hours. Enrollment Fair scheduled for April 16, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- The Friends of Roosevelt Foundation invite the RMS Community to our first IN-PERSON event in 2 YEARS!! Please join us Tuesday at The Original 40 Brewing Company (3117 University Ave) from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. RMS Feeder Schools, Incoming and Prospective Families are also WELCOME! Eat, Drink and Mingle with Roosevelt Families and Staff.
Student Led Conferences (SLC): Wednesday & Thursday, March 23 & 24.
- Weds – Friday: Minimum Day Schedule. March 23 and 24 are scheduled for SLC. We are going to continue our practice of having students lead these discussions with you all at home. Teachers will help students complete this form, which includes evaluating projects or assignments that they are proud of and that have challenged them. Teachers will be available to connect with you on Zoom, phone or email after school on Wednesday and Thursday.
Have a great week and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.
Principal Steinberger | email@example.com | Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS