RMS Students received a box with two at-home COVID tests before Winter Break. One test was to be taken on December 31, 2021, and the other test is for this Monday morning January 3, 2022 before returning to school.
Students who missed the distribution of the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kits can get tested at school the first week back in January by opting in to regular, on-site testing through Responsive Lab Partners. To opt in to testing, go to the Primary Health Portal to register for an account. Please sign the consent in the portal and select the school that your child attends.
For more details, please read: At-Home COVID-19 Testing Before Returning From Break.
Please report any positive tests to the RMS Office.
Please note that any student who has had a COVID-19 infection in the past 90 days should not use the test kit. The test may be positive because of a prior infection.
Combating COVID-19 takes a multi-tiered approach, of which vaccination and regular testing are key elements. SDUSD is asking all students, regardless of vaccination status, to take this extra step and test themselves twice before returning to school as an additional layer of protection.
- Students should have taken the first test on Friday, December 31, 2021.
- Students should take the second test the morning of Monday, January 3, 2022.
- If the test is negative, your student feels well, and has no COVID-19 symptoms, they are cleared to return to school!
- If your child DOES have any COVID-19 symptoms and/or has HAD a known exposure to someone with COVID-19, please keep them home and call your school for next steps before their return.
- If either test is positive, keep your child home and contact their doctor and school right away to follow any further instructions before returning to campus.
- Additional details on how and when to use these self-administered COVID-19 tests can be found on this instructional flyer.
Families can visit MyTurn.ca.gov for information about getting a vaccine through walk-in and scheduled appointments. Visit the district’s COVID-19 Vaccine website for opportunities to get vaccinated for free at school sites.