Hello, RMS Families! Let’s do better at considering the safety of ALL Students and each other as we navigate the school neighborhood during morning drop-offs and afternoon pick-ups.
Important Traffic Reminders for Student Drop-off and Pick-up
- Pull up as far as you can when dropping off your child(ren) on Zoo Drive. Do not stop at the entrance of the drop-off zone as this creates a traffic jam of cars in the intersection. Drive past the drop-off zone if needed.
- DO NOT park in or block the School Bus Zone on Upas Street.
- DO NOT DOUBLE PARK / stall next to cars on the curb as you drop-off and pick-up. Drive until you find a safe opening along the street to allow cars to continue moving.
- DO NOT U-TURN on Upas Street or Zoo Drive.
- Students must only cross streets at crosswalks.
- Please be courteous of our neighbors in the Upas Street neighborhood; do not park in or block residential driveways.
- Drop-off and pick-up on the campus side of each street.
- Consider setting up designated drop-off / pick-up areas away from the main zones. IE: War Memorial Building or Zoo parking lots.
- Please respect RMS Staff and/or SDPD who monitor the school’s drop-off and pick-up zones.