A Message from Principal Steinberger (email@example.com)
“What a successful First Day of School! Seeing all of your children filled me with joy. I saw many smiles peek out from under their masks. As a reminder, masks are required to be worn inside and outside, except when eating lunch outside. After a long wait, it is nice to have Day One complete. Thank you for helping us start off the year with Roosevelt PRIDE!”
Here are some additional updates and reminders:
Advisory Begins Tuesday! ALL Students will report to their Advisory class at 8:30 AM Tuesday. Advisory is listed under Period 8 in Student Schedules.
- Lunch is provided at NO COST to ALL Students.
- Take-Home Meals are available everyday.
- FREE SNACKS are available at Nutrition Breaks after First Period.
- RMS policy is for ALL Students to stay in designated lunch areas near the kick stage, the lunch tables outside of the ASB room, or the cafeteria/black top area.
- SDUSD Lunch and Take Home Meal Update.
Water Bottles: Please encourage your children to bring a water bottle to school. We have water stations throughout campus.
Laptops: Students must bring their laptops and laptop chargers to school everyday. Please remind them to charge their laptops overnight, ready for school in the morning. If you are new to SDUSD, please check-in with our Librarian, Ms. Hassan, in the school library to be issued a school laptop.
Welcome Packets: Students will receive a Welcome Packet during First Period. Please review the contents and let us know if you have any questions.
Volunteers!! If you can help with Back to School Preps this week, please sign-up for a shift. RMS Staff greatly appreciates your help. Thank You!!
Student Schedule: Schedules are available in PowerSchool.sandi.net. If you are prompted to enter a code, enter KFTF. If you have PowerSchool issues, please contact Karen Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dress Policy Reminder
- Please review the RMS Dress Policy (2021-2022).
- With the exception of PE gear, uniforms are no longer required.
- RMS PE gear and Spirit Wear (polos and sweatshirts) are available for purchase in the school office. Families and Students may purchase items during school hours. Cash or check only.
- PE shorts: $6. PE shirts: $4. PE locks: $5.
- If you choose to purchase PE gear elsewhere, shorts must be maroon and shirts must be gray.
- RooFriends Spirit Gear is available for families and students via the online RooFriends Shop.
School Site Council (SSC) and Site Governance Team (SGT) Positions OPEN! Please email Principal Steinberger by 9/8/2021 if you are interested in joining a committee.
- SSC provides input on our Title 1 budget spending and allocation.
- SGT helps develop policies and procedures at Roosevelt IB MS.
Welcome Back Meeting (8/26/2021): Provided links for your review.
Connect with RooFriends!!
- Please visit the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation website and subscribe for the RooFriends email list to receive school-related updates.
- Sync with the RooFriends Google Calendar.
- “Like” the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation Facebook page.
- Join the Families of Roosevelt Middle School (FORMS) Facebook group.
- Position OPEN on the Foundation Board.