A Message from Principal Steinberger (email@example.com)
“The excitement is building! Monday is right around the corner. I wanted to share a few important updates prior to the weekend so that you and your children will be prepared for school this coming Monday. I will follow up with another communication on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend!”
Student Schedule: Schedules are now available in PowerSchool. Please be aware that schedules are still being adjusted and are subject to change. Please check this Sunday evening for your child’s final schedule.
- You may view schedules by logging in to PowerSchool.sandi.net.
- If you are prompted to enter a code, enter KFTF.
- If you have any issues with PowerSchool, please contact Karen Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Printed schedules will not be available on Monday. Staff will help students access their schedules in PowerSchool.
Welcome Back Meeting (8/26/2021)
Dress Policy Reminder
- Please review the RMS Dress Policy (2021-2022).
- With the exception of PE gear, uniforms are no longer required.
- RMS PE gear and Spirit Wear (polos and sweatshirts) are available for purchase in the school office. Families and students may purchase items during school hours. Cash or check only.
- PE shorts: $6. PE shirts: $4. PE locks: $5.
- If you choose to purchase PE gear elsewhere, shorts must be maroon and shirts must be gray.
- Details to follow on the availability of donated RMS Spirit Wear (t-shirts, polos, jackets, khakis, etc).
- RooFriends Spirit Gear is available for families and students via the online RooFriends Shop.
Laptops and Supplies
- All students are expected to bring their Chromebooks/laptops to school on Monday.
- If you are new to SDUSD, please check-in with our Librarian, Ms. Hassan, in the school library to be issued a laptop.
- Students are advised to bring a backpack, pen/pencil and a notebook. Teachers will have other supplies.
School Site Council (SSC) and Site Governance Team (SGT) Positions OPEN! Please email Principal Steinberger by 9/8/2021 if you are interested in joining a committee.
- SSC provides input on our Title 1 budget spending and allocation.
- SGT helps develop policies and procedures at Roosevelt IB MS.
If you completed an online “Interest Form for Electives,” submitted a request to your School Counselor or signed-up at Orientation (8/26/2021), please check for an email from the Music Director, Nathan Elias Kocivar, for details about 7th Period Band, Orchestra and Digital Music Production. If you are interested in RMS Music, please contact Mr. E.K. (email@example.com) and the Music Boosters (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Connect with RooFriends!!
- Please visit the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation website and subscribe for the RooFriends email list to receive school-related updates.
- Sync with the RooFriends Google Calendar.
- “Like” the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation Facebook page.
- Join the Families of Roosevelt Middle School (FORMS) Facebook group.
- Follow Principal Steinberger on Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS.