As we welcome our teachers back to campus this week, we are all working hard to prepare for the best year possible for your students. We are so excited to welcome all of our students back on the first day of school, Monday, August 30th.
Student Drop Off
- Our first period begins at 8:30am. Students can be dropped off as early as 8:00 during the first week.
- Starting the second week of school, our gates will open at 8:15.
- When dropping off, do not make U-turns on Upas St or Zoo Dr, please drive through the Zoo parking lot to turn around.
- Keep our children safe; make sure to drop them off on the campus side of each street.
- Students should only cross the street at our crosswalks.
Orientation Updates for Incoming Students
- We are excited about our new student orientation for incoming students on Thursday, August 26th from 9 am to 11 am.
- In addition to being open to all 6th grade Roosevelt students, this orientation is also for any 7th or 8th grade students who would like to attend (especially if they have not seen our campus).
- We will have a parent meeting outside at the kick stage as well after students head out for their tours. This meeting will include updates from our administration team and our Friends of Roosevelt Foundation.
Other Items for Orientation
- Incoming 6th grade students, bring your student laptop if you went to a SDUSD Elementary school, we are going to exchange it for you.
- Students new to our district, we will provide a laptop to you.
Updated Orientation Agenda
9:00 am Welcome all students and families in the quad
9:30 am Student activities/tours in small groups
9:30 am Parent meeting will continue with refreshments in the quad
10:30 am Q and A
11:00 am Orientation ends
Parent Welcome Back Zoom Meeting
We will hold an informational Zoom meeting for all parents.
- Date/Time: Thursday, August 26th from 5pm to 6pm
- Please register for the Zoom meeting here
- The first half will be for all families and second half will focus on 6th grade specific information.
There will be a PrimeTime informational meeting August 25, 2021 from 4:00PM – 6:00PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2952039555
PE Uniforms and Spirit Wear
- PE uniforms and Spirit Wear (polos and sweatshirts) will be available for purchase (cash or check) in Room 103 starting Tuesday, August 24th, from 9am to 1pm.
- We will continue sales during the first week of school to help reduce lines outside of school
- PE shorts will be $6, PE shirts will be $4, and PE locks will be $5.
- If electing to purchase items elsewhere, shorts must be maroon and shirts must be grey.
- We have had many donations from our wonderful community over the past two years and will have items available for free.
- We will have Spirit Days often throughout the year!
Last week I sent an email home with the schedules, here is a document where all of our bell schedules are easily viewable.
- We are offering the electives Gateway to Technology (Zero period before school) and Band/Orchestra (7th period after school).
- If you requested either of these electives, and do not see them on your schedule when we release the schedule, please email your counselor.
- We will finalize student schedules this week and will email families as soon as they are ready for students to view in PowerSchool.
- We are targeting the end of the week to release schedules
- Our gates will open at 8:15 every morning for all students, with the exception of students enrolled in zero period or PrimeTime, who will be able to enter campus at 7:15.
- Late start days are once a month instead of every week in order to have an earlier daily end time.
Safety Reminders for the Upcoming School Year
- Face masks are required indoors at all times for all staff and students.
- Wearing masks outside will be optional.
- We will have handwashing stations and cleaning wipes in multiple locations.
- There are district protocols in place for contact tracing, should it be necessary.
School Site Council (SSC) and Site Governance Team (SGT)
We have SSC and SGT parent positions open, please email me directly by September 8th if you are interested in joining one of these important committees this school year!
- SSC provides input on our Title 1 budget spending and allocation.
- SGT helps develop policies and procedures at Roosevelt.
- We will hold the election after all nominations are received.
Friends of Roosevelt Foundation
Have a wonderful evening,