A Message from Principal Steinberger:
“Our entire staff is excited to return and provide a quality education for your children. Throughout this past year, I have consistently felt that our community has dealt with the challenges from the pandemic and other issues extremely well. I am confident that we will deal with all upcoming challenges with the same approach; putting the safety and well-being of our students first. It is our mission to provide support for each and every child on our campus. Along with support, we will continue to provide the quality International Baccalaureate education that will prepare our students to become caring and contributing members to our community.
I am honored to serve as Principal of Roosevelt International Middle School. During my time at Roosevelt, I continually find myself thankful for the amazing students, supportive community and dedicated staff that I get to work with every day. Middle school is a time of transition for children, where students begin to form their own identity. With the help of a caring school community, our students will thrive and develop the foundation to make a positive impact in their own way. Nothing gives me more joy than seeing the growth of a child. Thank you for trusting me, our school and our staff with the privilege of guiding your students through this important stage.
We will follow all California safety guidelines and directives. The safety of your child is the highest priority as we welcome our entire school back this fall. Please review the safety protocols we will have in place this year. Also know that the district will be releasing detailed safety plans and procedures early next week.
We are excited to welcome all of our students back to campus this Fall! As we prepare for the start of the school year, please click “Welcome Back Families Survey“ to let us know how you and your families are feeling about returning.”
Enjoy the rest of your summer break, please feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Last week I sent an email home with the schedules, here is a document where all of our bell schedules are easily viewable.
- We fixed an error to the minimum day dates from last week, the last one in March is Friday, March 25, 2022
- We are offering Zero period GTT and 7th period Band/Orchestra
- Yearbook will now be a club offered after school.
There will be a PrimeTime informational meeting August 25, 2021 from 4:00PM – 6:00PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2952039555
Orientation for Incoming Students
We are excited about our new student orientation for incoming students on Thursday, August 26th from 9 am to 11 am. All students who have not seen Roosevelt’s campus are invited. We will have outdoor activities to get to know our campus, other students and our staff. We look forward to meeting all of our new students and welcoming them to our Roosevelt family!
9:00 am Welcome all students in the quad
9:30 am Tours in small groups
10:00 am Activities
11:00 am Students will be released
Other Items for Orientation
- Please note this is a student only orientation; we are unable to accommodate families during this time.
- Incoming 6th grade students, please bring your student laptop if you went to SDUSD Elementary school, we will exchange it for you.
- Students new to our district, we will provide a laptop to you
PE Uniforms and Spirit Wear
- PE Uniforms and Spirit Wear (polos and sweatshirts) will be available for purchase in Room 103 starting Tuesday 8/24/2021 for cash or check.
- We will continue sales during the first week of school to help reduce lines outside of school
- Shorts will be $6, shirts will be $4, and locks will be $5
- If electing to purchase items elsewhere, shorts must be maroon and shirts must be grey
- We have had many donations from our wonderful community over the past two years and will have items available for free.
UP-TO-DATE SHOT RECORDS NEEDED
All 7th graders need verification of immunizations for:
• Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis – 1 dose
• Varicella (Chickenpox) – 2 doses
If your child(ren) still need Tdap or other immunizations and has Medi-Cal or no insurance, immunization services are available throughout San Diego County at six Public Health Center Locations. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian: County of San Diego Immunization Clinics
Dress Policy for 2021-22
At the end of the school year, our Site Governance Team voted on our dress policy. While we will no longer have a uniform policy in place at Roosevelt, school spirit will be an important part of our school community, and Roosevelt clothing will always be encouraged for students to wear. We will have donated clothing available for families before school starts in August.
Important Website: RooFriends Blog
As a reminder, please visit our Friends of Roosevelt Foundation website, roofriends.org, and subscribe to receive updates related to the start of the school year and important events during the year.