Bell Schedule: Our bell schedule has been tentatively approved. The school day will start at 8:30 AM and end at 3:14 PM. A complete schedule will be posted in August.
Dress Policy: At the end of the 2020-2021 school year, after collecting input from Students, Staff and Parents, our Site Governance Team (SGT) voted to change the RMS Dress Policy to no longer require uniforms.
- RMS gear will be required for Physical and Health Education. PHE gear will be available August 23-27 and August 30-Sep 3.
- Students are encouraged to show their Roosevelt MS PRIDE by wearing RMS gear. Students will have the opportunity to donate RMS gear and “shop” at no cost for RMS gear. Details to follow.
- The online RooFriends Shop is OPEN for Families, Students and Staff to purchase RooFriends gear.
- Updated RMS Dress Policy 2021-2022.
6th Grade Updates:
- 6th Graders have been placed in Accelerated Math based on 5th Grade Teacher recommendations. If you would like to enroll in Accelerated Math, please submit the 6th Grade Accelerated Math 2021-2022 Request Form.
- If you are interested in joining the after school Band or Orchestra (Strings), please submit the 6th Grade Band/Orchestra Interest Survey. No music experience required. There will be a late bus. For questions about RMS Music, please email email@example.com.
7th and 8th Grade: We are still collecting interest for Electives (Zero and 7th Periods).
- Gateway to Tech will be Zero Period (before school). There will not be an early bus.
- Band and Orchestra (Strings) will be 7th Period (after school). No music experience is required. There will be a late bus. For questions about RMS Music, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your student is interested in Yearbook or Peer-Mentoring (students mentor students with special needs), sign-up for Zero Period Physical and Health Education (PHE). The final decision on offering Yearbook, Peer-Mentoring and PHE electives will be based on interest submitted.
- If you are interested in any of the above Electives and did not fill out the interest form in the Spring, please submit the 7th and 8th Grade Electives Interest Form at this time.
- The hardcopy edition of the 2020-2021 RMS Yearbook is available for purchase. Limited supplies available. To order, please email the 2020-2021 Yearbook Committee: email@example.com.
Connect with RooFriends!!
- Please visit the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation website and subscribe for the RooFriends email list to receive school-related updates.
- Sync with the RooFriends Google Calendar.
- “Like” the Friends of Roosevelt Foundation Facebook page.
- Join the Families of Roosevelt Middle School (FORMS) Facebook group.
- Follow Principal Steinberger on Twitter: @PrincipalRIMS.