To the RMS Class of 2021 Students from Principal Steinberger:
“I want to extend my congratulations to all of our 8th grade students as they finish their last two days as middle schoolers! I will have mixed emotions this week as we say goodbye and wish everyone well. I am so proud of all of our students. They have all demonstrated resilience and kindness throughout this year that help us as staff on campus immensely. I hope you are all able to mix in rest and relaxation into your summer plans, we all deserve it!”
8th Grade Promotion Updates
- Please watch this PROMOTION ROUTE VIDEO. Thanks, VP Brewer!!
- Provided is the video recording from the 8th Grade Meeting (June 9, 2021).
- For those unable to attend the in-person promotion ceremony, there will be an online promotion ceremony on Tuesday, June 15th, at 2:00 PM.
- Please CLICK to REGISTER for the Online RMS Class of 2021 Promotion Ceremony to attend.
Provided are the slides presented at the 8th Grade Meeting (June 9, 2021):
8th Grade Families: Please sign-up!! We STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS to help set-up & clean-up before/after the ceremony and assemble the balloon arch. 7th and 6th Grade Families are welcome to volunteer, too. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Promotion 2021 Committee: email@example.com.
We appreciate any support! Thank You!!
- Promotion 2021 (June 15, 7:30 – 10:30 AM, Tuesday) at the RMS Joint Use Field (Upas St. & Richmond St.).
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS AND GUESTS.
- Social distancing will be monitored; non-family groups cannot congregate together.
- No more than four (4) guests per student may attend.
- Extra guests will not be allowed on campus or in the promotion area.
- Students and families arrive 15 minutes prior to their start time to check in at the basketball courts.
- Once students receive their diplomas, students and families need to exit the field area and campus.
- If you miss your time slot, you will have to wait until the end of the ceremony (10:30 AM) to participate.
- All textbooks MUST be turned in by Tuesday, June 15, 2021. This is required for students to officially promote.
- 8th Graders staying in SDUSD do not need to turn in computers. Anyone leaving the district can turn their computers June 14 & 15, Monday/Tuesday to the school office.