Save the Date for Promotion 2021 (June 15, 7:30 – 10:30 AM, Tuesday) at the RMS Joint Use Field (Upas St. & Richmond St.).
A Message from Principal Steinberger to RMS Class of 2021 Students and Families:
We are excited for Promotion on June 15th!! Please sign-up for a Promotion Ceremony spot if you have not already.
- June 15, 7:30 – 10:30 AM, Tuesday: There will be six 30-minute sessions in our WALK-THROUGH Promotion Ceremony.
- Sign-up for ONE 30-minute session. Each slot will consist of 50 students.
- Each student may invite up to FOUR guests maximum.
- Participation is voluntary. At-Home Learners and Students/Families who choose to opt out of onsite Promotion will be invited to pick-up their diplomas from the School Office. Details to follow.
- June 15, 2021 is Promotion ONLY for 8th Graders. 7th and 6th Graders attend onsite/online school.
- 8th Grade Promotion Meeting (online) with Principal Steinberger: June 9 at 5:00 PM. ALL 8th Graders and Families should attend!! Principal Steinberger will discuss ceremony attire, parking, details and host a Q & A.
I attended a SDUSD meeting about district-wide promotion ceremonies and want to share the following important information ahead of time so we can all be prepared. As we are still operating under pandemic protocols, the following rules will apply:
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS AND GUESTS.
- Social distancing will be monitored, meaning non-family groups cannot congregate together.
- It is critical that no more than four guests per student attend the promotion ceremony.
- Extra guests will not be allowed on to campus or in to the promotion area.
- Students and families will need to arrive 15 minutes prior to their start time to check in at the basketball courts. A map will be sent home this week.
- If you miss your time slot, you will need to wait until the end of the ceremony to participate.
- Once students receive their diploma, students and families need to exit the field area and campus.
- REGISTER for the 8th Grade Promotion Meeting (Wednesday June 9, 5 PM) to review the final plan.
- We are working on an online option for those who are unable to attend the in-person ceremony.
We look forward to sharing this unique, safe experience with you!
Principal Steinberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
RMS Staff and Class of 2021 Volunteers are eager to create a memorable experience for our promoting 8th Graders. Please sign-up to contribute your time & talents and/or donate towards the effort. We are seeking help in creating signs & photo booths, assembling gift bags and preparing decorations. Sign-up to set-up & clean-up, meet & greet or be a photographer. Contribute by getting something from the 8th Grade Promotion Wishlist. 7th and 6th Grade Families are welcome to volunteer, too. If you are interested in volunteering for Promotion 2021, please contact the Promotion 2021 Committee: email@example.com.
We appreciate any support! Thank You!!