Volunteering has been a little different lately, but we still need your participation to support our staff and students.
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Coordinator: Currently, the coordinator would organize a few online enrichment classes to supplement the electives offered by the school. Under normal circumstances, this is a very popular and extensive program. We are hopeful that this fall, ASE will be working at full capacity.
- 2020-21 Yearbook: We are making a small printable yearbook for our Roosevelt students. Although we may not have a lot of pictures this year, we want to do our best to provide some memories for our students in an accessible format using Google Slides. If you are able to help from home virtually, contact Elizabeth Newlin for more information.
- Communications Committee Member: Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone up-to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail.
- Enrollment Task Force: SDUSD has been seeing reduced enrollment throughout the district. Roosevelt has also seen a decreased enrollment this year. There are many reasons identified, however, with decreased enrollment comes decreased funding and staffing. If you are passionate about maintaining and increasing resources to our school, please consider joining us! This is the marketing team and we’d love to hear your ideas.
- Writer for Outreach Materials: We need a writer that can produce content for outreach materials, including publications in local media outlets.
- Strategic and Tactical Advice, Planning and Implementation: If you have experience serving in a management role with a nonprofit (especially in education), we could use your experience in growing the foundation.
- Event Planning: Most events will be remote this year, so if you have some creative ideas for community building events, we’d love to hear them! This role will coordinate planning details and lead a group of volunteers (for larger events). The event planner will be supported by the Communications Team in promoting these events.
Note: We will follow all district policies related to physical distancing for safety purposes. Volunteer jobs listed above can be done from home and do not require in person meetings.
Contact Us or email email@example.com if you’re interested in any of the above positions.