A Message from Principal Steinberger:
As Black History Month draws to a close, I encourage Students to continue exploring the influence of Black Americans in American History.
February spotlights Black History, but it is important to continue this work throughout the year.
- Black History, Our Nation’s History (Biography.com)
- 40 Famous Black and African American Women Leaving Their Mark on History
- Jazz is Black Excellence (Jazz at Lincoln Center Celebrates Black History)
Mrs. Hassan, our RMS Librarian, invites Students to explore her guide to Black History Resources. Books about Black History, and more, are now available in the RMS LIBRARY INVENTORY.
How to Check-Out Books from the RMS Library
- Students: Wednesdays, 8:00 – 9:30 AM, during Asynchronous Learning.
- Parents: Wednesdays, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- CLICK for video tutorial “How to Place a Hold on a Book Using Destiny Discover.”
- CLICK for the Roosevelt IB MS Library inventory on “Destiny Discover.”
Students may “hold” up to three library books using the online “Destiny Discover” app. The “RMS Library Check-Out” button will be posted on the RooFriends Blog sidebar for access anytime. Any library books placed on hold on Wednesday – Tuesday will be available for pick-up the following Wednesday. Check-out periods are 2 weeks, with a max of 3 books total.
Arrive at the School Office (Upas Street) on a Wednesday morning. Let the School Office Staff know that you are picking up library books. Your selected books will be brought out to you. Return books at the School Office, too.