The weeks before school starts are filled with activities needed to jump-start the year! We need volunteers to support the school staff especially in this unprecedented time. Join us in preparing our students and their families for a smooth start to the 2020-21 school year.
Volunteering may look a little different this year, but we still need your participation to ensure we can make this a great year for our staff and students. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
Here’s how you can help:
- Graphic Designer: We need some help generating communication materials that will be sent out to families. Communication is key–especially this year, as there will be less opportunities for on campus communication. If you have skills in this area, please contact us as soon as possible. This is an immediate need.
- Communications Committee Member: Generate blog posts as part of a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail.
- Friends of Roosevelt Foundation Board Member: We have 1 position open and would love to have you join us. Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION form. Deadline extended to August 15, 2020. (Board meetings are planned to be online only this year.)
- Back to School Welcome Committee: As details get finalized, we want to be prepared for some limited on-site activities (possibly to distribute materials). We’d like to make the first week of school as welcoming as possible. Are you good at decorating? Making posters or banners? Arranging for refreshments for our staff?
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Coordinator: Although, we’ve offered a fairly extensive program in the past, this year will be much more scaled back due to distance learning plans. However, we still need a coordinator to organize a few online enrichment classes to supplement the electives offered by the school. If you feel passionate about offering enrichment opportunities to our students, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Writer for Outreach Materials: We need a writer that produce content for outreach material, including publications in local media outlets.
Note: We will follow all district policies related to physical distancing for safety purposes. Volunteer jobs listed above can be done from home and do not require in person meetings.