Good evening Roosevelt Families,
I want to start by celebrating the fact that 450 devices were picked up on Monday! Please note that there is still time, as San Diego High School will be open Thursday and Friday for those in need. Feel free to leave a message with me at 619-682-3851 if you would like more information.
Formal Launch of Digital Learning
- Please note that we will have a new schedule for digital learning that will begin on Monday, April 27th.
- The design is for students to have balance in their week and keep their screen time to approximately two hours a day
Virtual Coffee with the Principal Thursday, April 23 at 6pm and Friday, April 24 at 8:30 am
- Please join me at one of our virtual coffee chats on Zoom this week
- The first is Thursday and the second is Friday
- This screencast I posted on our webpage can help you get started if needed
- Please check Google classroom for each class your student is enrolled in
- Teachers are entering information for attendance this week based on student’s participation in preparation for our formal launch next week
- This will help us contact those who have not accessed digital learning
Resources for Support
- Our counselors put together a Google site to outline the support they can provide, including valuable resources. Thank you Ms. Ramirez and Ms. Martinez!
- Here are two resources that can help with student (and parent) well-being:
- Second Step (social emotional curriculum used in some classrooms).
- They are allowing free access to their materials through 6/30. There are lots of resources, including mindfulness exercises and games for families
That’s it for this evening, looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow or Friday at one of the virtual Zoom calls! Have a great rest of the week, and always remember your Roosevelt PRIDE: Personal Responsibility in Daily Excellence.