Roosevelt’s device pickup day is Monday, April 20th, mainly at San Diego High School.
- Students with last names A-L: Pick up in the morning (9:00 am – 12:30 pm)
- Students with last names M-Z: Pick up in the afternoon (12:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Pick up locations are also at the following high schools: Clairemont, Crawford, Hoover, Lincoln, Morse, and Scripps Ranch. Please go to the pick up location that is closest to your home.
- You should receive a message from the district reminding you of your pick up date.
- The survey results were provided to the district. This is a guide for them. If you did not fill out the survey or contact us directly, you are still welcome to pick up a device.
Wifi: Qualifying families within the Cox service area are encouraged to sign up for the Connect2Compete program offering free Cox installation and internet services for the next 60 days. Additional options will also be provided to you during your Chromebook laptop pick up time.
Pick Up Procedures: When you arrive at the location, please adhere to social distancing guidelines and have your nose and mouth covered. Staff will be adhering to the guidelines on social distancing and following protocols to protect everyone. All laptops will be sanitized prior to distribution and must be returned at the end of the school year. We will be offering both drive up and walk up distribution processes:
Drive Up Directions: Please remain in your vehicle at all times and follow directions for the designated path. A staff member will come to your vehicle to record student information. When a staff member returns, open your trunk and the device will be placed inside.
Walk Up Directions: Form a line in the designated area and maintain the 6-foot social distancing protocol. Please do not bring anyone other than those absolutely necessary. Keep your family close together to make the 6-foot distance between families easier.
Face Coverings: If you have a mask or a “do-it-yourself” face covering (scarf, bandana), please wear it to the pick up site. The County of San Diego is encouraging this for all encounters outside of your home.
Bring your photo ID and show proof of identity for your child by providing your:
- Child’s school ID card OR
- Student ID number OR
- Child’s date of birth and address
- Write your child’s name, ID number, or date of birth and address in large print on a sheet of paper that can be easily read by staff members from a distance of at least 6 feet. Carry this with you to the line or place on the dash or your car and be prepared to show it to staff.
*Students in middle or high school may pick up their laptop device without a parent or guardian present.